New TV Programme

mayday

Link Posted 15/09/2010 - 22:21
The only time I thought to comment - (To myself ) was at each break when I saw that the camera they were showing in the advert had to be used under an umbrella when it was raining. Way to go Pentax.
Regards
David

Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:

alfiemooon

Link Posted 15/09/2010 - 23:49
Blythman wrote:
The best pic was the one in Iraq

I have to agree with you on that one....did I get it wrong or did the "Pro" have a little dig about it?...nts,rewatch the recording

Nic
K10D,K20D
Pentax 18-55,Tamron AF 70-300,Sigma 150-500
Kenko 2X Teleplus MC7
AF 360 FGZ

hkwiles

Link Posted 18/09/2010 - 10:03
hkwiles wrote:
cardiff_gareth wrote:
Quote:
cardiff_gareth wrote:
Sorry, just seen this thread after commenting on the one in the general section. What a load of tosh Them pictures in my eyes were all terrible, uber distracting backgrounds as it looked like they had stopped the lens right down to maximise DOF, just what you want when shooting portraits. I mean come on, a bookcase, a street scene, that park bench and the umberella etc etc
If thats taking amazing pictures I feel like we're all safe

I think you might be being a little too harsh....if I remeber rightly the challenge was to also show "where they had come from" namely they were both leaving the teaching profession to persue other careers. So not a conventional portrait per se.

Howard

True, maybe it does show where they came from to where they are now but the way the 'pro' bigged them images up etc on the show was dyre. Still, good for a laugh I suppose
There was no feedback on making them better, only saying how good they were when clearly they are shizer

I agree entirely, the photos were, by and large terrible, especially the one taken at the ice cream van . Hopefully it was just a basic intro to the series and that it may get a little more technical, not holding my hopes out though. Next week is landscapes I think be interesting to see what "gems" are produced in that episode.

Howard

My mistake, programme is about Wedding Photography .
Body: K7 of course !!
Lenses: DA18-55WR,DA50-200WR,FA50-1.4

fatspider

Link Posted 18/09/2010 - 10:11
cardiff_gareth wrote:
Sorry, just seen this thread after commenting on the one in the general section. What a load of tosh Them pictures in my eyes were all terrible, uber distracting backgrounds as it looked like they had stopped the lens right down to maximise DOF, just what you want when shooting portraits. I mean come on, a bookcase, a street scene, that park bench and the umberella etc etc
If thats taking amazing pictures I feel like we're all safe

Just as I said Gareth, this programme is aimed at people who would normally just use a camera to snap family and friends and cut their heads off etc etc. and in that respect it did just what it said on the tin.

The show is intended to show people how to take better photographs and not teach Photographers how to do it
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

puma

Link Posted 19/09/2010 - 22:40
Very disappointing dint like it told you nothing.but we all know we will which the next one lol
my web site http://www.swilsonphotography.foliopic.com/
PPG link

Still27

Link Posted 27/09/2010 - 15:35
I watched 5 mins of the rubbish.
Bill
K5+Bigma+BushHawk Shoulderpod.
K5+16-50DA* + 10-17DA Fisheye + 50-135DA* + Sigma 70mm Macro + DA35 2.4..
Slik Pro 700DX tripod.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixellie/

mayday

Link Posted 27/09/2010 - 15:49
Still27 wrote:
I watched 5 mins of the rubbish.

That long?
Regards
David

Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:

techno-terminator

Link Posted 27/09/2010 - 18:45
I finally managed to watch the wedding programme last night .

My thoughts

1) the tips [ ie watch what's going on and get the 'different' pictures that others don't ] were good - fine if you are not the main photographer .

2) these amateurs were supposed to be photographing the wedding - and they were the ones who were late - unforgiveable !! OK they managed to get to the Church in time to shoot the bride and groom AFTER the ceremony.

3) Both these amateurs seemed to be pretty happy with their cameras - and both will be photographing weddings in the future though , personally how the Matron of Honour hopes to manage to take photos while being the Matron of Honour , I have no idea .

Final mark for this episode - Could do better .
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

greynolds999

Link Posted 29/09/2010 - 18:11
OK. Just watched the landscape programme. I actually thought the five minutes of advice at the start was really good.

The pictures produced weren't brilliant, but since I've never taken a decent landscape in my life, I cant criticise!

(If anyone in the UK wanbts to catch up you can get the shows here.
My Photobucket

Smeggypants

Link Posted 29/09/2010 - 21:47
davex wrote:
Quote:
Might be worth a peek

Suzi`s always worth a peek.

Davex

Oh Yes!!!

[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283

Smeggypants

Link Posted 29/09/2010 - 21:50
hkwiles wrote:

I agree entirely, the photos were, by and large terrible, especially the one taken at the ice cream van . Hopefully it was just a basic intro to the series and that it may get a little more technical, not holding my hopes out though. Next week is landscapes I think be interesting to see what "gems" are produced in that episode.

Howard

I've watched all three episodes so far. I wasn't too impressed with the landscape one. They might ave chosen a better landscape, and a guy dangling his feet over a building is hardly a landscape shot IMHO.

I'm glad it isn't technical though. It's the more artistic side of the game I want tips on.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283

testbloke

Link Posted 05/10/2010 - 13:25
Agree, that was a strange landscape shot but having vertigo it did make an impact !
Flickr : www.photologue.co.uk
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.