New Section for Telescopes and Spoting Scopes here please. (Poll for interest)

This topic has a poll - login to enter
SmutjeUK
Posted 26/12/2010 - 11:09 Link
Hi all,
I am not one for polls but I find that this may be of value for a lot of us here. The topic would be the use of Telescopes and Spotting Scopes with our Pentax Camera.
I for one would be very interested in all kind of this topic and techniques used.
As I discovered from Father Ted's 'Moon Shot' in the Your Photos Forum, I noticed that a lot of people also seem to be interested in this and the particulars of using the Telescopes and Scopes.
It may just be an idea of placing a section in here where users can discuss particulars in this new section and it would be much easier to find, in particular as those ones could be used as 'cheap' alternative to long range lenses as well as Astro-Photography.
I just start this poll to see what the interest may be and if there is enough interest maybe John (or one of the people that look after this forum) could bring up a new section that purely deals with this.
I hope of a good participation and it would be interesting to see how many of the users of this forum would like to see such a Forum Section.
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
mikeyscope
Posted 26/12/2010 - 14:19 Link
Considering the growing popularity of using telescopes & spotting scopes with DSLR's for astronomical & long focal length wildlife photography perhaps there is an opening for another category, there is after all a category for everyones excellent 'Macro' images ...'Specialist' seems to be the only other option to post in at the moment plus the opposite extreme in focal lengths would create a nice balance.

We could still use Specialist or Landscape for the wide field related subjects.

Would suggest category... Telescope/Spotting Scope/Telephoto

Mike
johnriley
Posted 26/12/2010 - 14:52 Link
You seem to be talking about different things - one the one hand a section in the forum, on the other a category for Gallery images.
Best regards, John
SmutjeUK
Posted 26/12/2010 - 15:14 Link
John, I guess we mean the same. A forum where we could discus and share or experience within specialist lenses as you still can post pictures in the picture gallery and then just post a link within the discussion.
It is really something that is missing here. Macro photography is more and more popular and as you know a lot of people have asked questions about it over the last few weeks.
The same is with using Telescopes and Spotting Scopes in Photography and how to connect them or how to operate your camera with a 'cheap Tesco Telescope'.
I know you could go in to lenses or general or digital etc you see there is too many chances of not getting the right people to respond. If you got a specialist section it makes it easier to find the right people without fearing that its in the wrong category.
It really should not take to much work to put such a category/sub-category up to discuss this special field without 'hijacking' someone elses thread just because questions come up.
I myself plan to start using a telescope soon and will have questions as well as working with my Bellows and something like the specialist section would make it much easier for Q&A's.
Pictures still can be posted in the picture section and linked within your post, nothing wrong with that?
It's just an idea as there really seems to be an interest in those subjects.
Just an idea to enhance the already high quality of this site and we may even attract more interested photographers as well which in return may benefit the sites revenue via advertising etc.
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
davex
Posted 26/12/2010 - 15:41 Link
I have voted "would not use it", although TBH perhaps a No would have been more apropriate.
The thing that originally atracted me to this site was it`s focus on Pentax and photography. I think to add on more forum areas runs the danger of weakening the overall site;
I can buy Pentax from SRS so why not a Cannon sub forum

Davex.
gartmore
Posted 27/12/2010 - 13:26 Link
I voted no, endoscopes or thedolites anyone?

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo