Northumberland ideas?
Posted 26/12/2010 - 16:54
Link
Craster itself is nice. Within walking distance from the village, along the beach, is Dunstanburgh Castle. If you carry on along the beach to Low Newton-by-the Sea it has a hide watching over a fresh water pond.
North by car are Seahouses and Bamburgh. Plenty to keep you going for a few hours.
North by car are Seahouses and Bamburgh. Plenty to keep you going for a few hours.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 26/12/2010 - 17:15
Link
The finest and most fascinating castle we have seen is probably Chillingham. This merits more than three hours, but maybe you could stretch a point and stay an extra day?
Best regards, John
Posted 26/12/2010 - 17:50
Link
Quote:
This merits more than three hours, but maybe you could stretch a point and stay an extra day?
Not possible I`m afraid, will walk along the beach to Dunstabburgh. According to its website Chillingham is closed until April. Will keep it in mind for the next time.This merits more than three hours, but maybe you could stretch a point and stay an extra day?
Davex.
Posted 26/12/2010 - 18:56
Link
Hi Dave
If you are limited for time - the only one I would add to the above would be Beadnall
Hope you have a good day
Carl
If you are limited for time - the only one I would add to the above would be Beadnall
Hope you have a good day
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 27/12/2010 - 11:16
Link
Alans right, Duntanburgh Castle is a waste of time, this is the best I could manage
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/impotentspider/DunstanboroughCastle.jpg[/IMG]
And from Craster side
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/impotentspider/DunstanboroughfromCraster.jpg[/IMG]
Apart from all the other advice I can reccomend a kipper in a bun from Craster and also second Lindisfarne
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/impotentspider/DunstanboroughCastle.jpg[/IMG]
And from Craster side
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/impotentspider/DunstanboroughfromCraster.jpg[/IMG]
Apart from all the other advice I can reccomend a kipper in a bun from Craster and also second Lindisfarne
Posted 27/12/2010 - 12:51
Link
Blythman wrote:
Dunstanburgh Castle is a moody desolate ruin, and I found it quite difficult last time I was there (years ago), and didn't get many keepers. For a one off day I'd therefore also consider further afield, like Bamburgh, or if the tide is out Lindisfarne
I agree!....when you go to Bamburgh, enter the village and turn down the "Windings",this takes you down to the beach behind the castle!...and it's free parking!. Also worth a visit is the local butchers,they do wonderful pies!....next stop Holy island,loads of bits and pieces to shoot as well as landscapes!......Forget about Dunstanburgh,it's a hell of a walk,unless you go in at the golf course,for a very limited amount of shots!...have a great time and I hope the weather is kind to you!....Ken
Dunstanburgh Castle is a moody desolate ruin, and I found it quite difficult last time I was there (years ago), and didn't get many keepers. For a one off day I'd therefore also consider further afield, like Bamburgh, or if the tide is out Lindisfarne
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1432 posts
17 years
Chester,
U.K.
My wife is visiting relatives , this means I can go where I please for 3 hours Any ideas for specific coastal areas to visit :
Davex.
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link