Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

My latest timelapse...

kamayok3
Posted 07/06/2016 - 01:23 Link
Hi,

This is my latest timelapse from my recent New Zealand trip. Hope you like it.

Regards,

Tommy

link
richandfleur
Posted 07/06/2016 - 04:24 Link
Very cool. I see you hit all the popular lower south island hot spots

What program did you put this together in?
Is there an option for Frame Blending, and did you use it?

Nice fonts too
RobL
Posted 07/06/2016 - 07:24 Link
Really good, I especially like the night sequences.
alfpics
Posted 07/06/2016 - 09:44 Link
Really nice!

richandfleur wrote:
Very cool. I see you hit all the popular lower south island hot spots

What program did you put this together in?
Is there an option for Frame Blending, and did you use it?

Nice fonts too

I also would be interested to know what programme you used to put it together as you have no 'flicker' produced from shutter/ aperture variations from shot to shot
Andy
richandfleur
Posted 07/06/2016 - 10:41 Link
alfpics wrote:

you have no 'flicker' produced from shutter/ aperture variations from shot to shot

A lens with a fixed manual aperture ring will sort that variation.
Edited by richandfleur: 07/06/2016 - 10:42
alfpics
Posted 07/06/2016 - 11:38 Link
richandfleur wrote:
alfpics wrote:

you have no 'flicker' produced from shutter/ aperture variations from shot to shot

A lens with a fixed manual aperture ring will sort that variation.

I guess you're right - but some of the timelapse software can remove the variation (but at a price I suspect!)
Andy
kamayok3
Posted 07/06/2016 - 12:39 Link
Hi all,

Thanks for all the comments. I normally use different movie editing software to combine all my timelapses. Sometimes Adobe AE, premiere Pro, filmora and so on..... Some are free.

Mostly I used Aperture Priority mode for sunrise and sunset timelapse. M mode for nightscape timelapse. I never have a chance to use frame blending yet. Maybe next time.....

Regards,
Posted 07/06/2016 - 13:26 Link
That's really great... Would have absolutely no idea where to start with something like this... Love not just the passing of time, but the passing of light... Big congrats...

Best
JohnX
Posted 07/06/2016 - 15:18 Link
Brings back happy memories. Great stuff!
davidstorm
Posted 07/06/2016 - 21:13 Link
That is really something special, very well done on this spectacular work. The exposures and colour saturation are spot on and the locations are stunning.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
richandfleur
Posted 07/06/2016 - 21:56 Link
kamayok3 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for all the comments. I normally use different movie editing software to combine all my timelapses. Sometimes Adobe AE, premiere Pro, filmora and so on..... Some are free.

Mostly I used Aperture Priority mode for sunrise and sunset timelapse. M mode for nightscape timelapse. I never have a chance to use frame blending yet. Maybe next time.....

Regards,

As above, do you do any pre work to align the individual image exposures, to avoid flickering, or does your camera just make a good job of this in the first place?

If you do use say premiere for this work, have you checked out how the frame blending option affects your final image? It can be quite nice at smoothing out the jitter/staccato nature of timelapse people and water. Let me know if you want more info on it and I'll find some examples. It's just a tick box option on the timeline video, and I think there is an option you can tick on Premiere export to enable it also.

You've done an excellent job on the day/night transitions

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.