A rare photography day out! Image Heavy.

davidstorm

Link Posted 07/06/2016 - 21:07
Last Sunday the missus was away and I decided not to do any DIY and instead went to RSPB Old Moor, a fabulous little nature reserve between Barnsley and Rotherham in South Yorkshire. Here are some of the results, hope you like, please feel free to leave any appropriate comments, good or bad.

The shots are mostly with the DA*300 and 1.4 TC, most with the K-3 but some with the K-5iis. There's also a smattering with my 45 year od Tamron Adapt-a-matic 300mm F5.6, which is quite a challenge to use for nature photography. Can you guess which ones are with the old lens?

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

johnriley

Link Posted 07/06/2016 - 21:11
Just fantastic!

I've made a note to look the place up, it's not that far away it can't be done.
Best regards, John

K10D

Link Posted 07/06/2016 - 21:44
Excellent images David. It looks like a location that's a "must visit".

You have captured great detail in these shots and shown just what can be achieved in such locations.

Best regards
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

McBrian

Link Posted 07/06/2016 - 22:04
All superb as usual, the Gold Finch (#13) is the standout
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Last Edited by McBrian on 07/06/2016 - 22:04

prsjnb

Link Posted 07/06/2016 - 22:11
There are some fine images here, David. The 'stand-out' ones for me are the broad-bodied chaser (3) and the bullfinch (11).

At the risk of making a complete fool of myself, something I seem to do with disturbing regularity, I'll wager that those with the slightly cooler colour balance (e.g. 3 and 12) were shot with the Tamron.

Your choice to forgo the dubious pleasures of DIY in favour of photographic fulfillment has been demonstrably vindicated. Without wishing to seem unkind, perhaps you should consider sending SWMBO away for the weekend more often

BW

Jon
Last Edited by prsjnb on 07/06/2016 - 22:12

alfpics

Link Posted 07/06/2016 - 22:11
An excellent set - not a lot to criticise! A very pleasing day out.
Andy

carmagw

Link Posted 07/06/2016 - 22:15
Nice set David I like the bullfinch and goldfinch best.

Not too far from me so I should make an effort to go there !

George

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 07/06/2016 - 22:17
Great shots David...you'll have to kick the DIY more often.

Especially like the two bird shots 12 and 13.

regards

Karlo

gtis

Link Posted 07/06/2016 - 22:19
Hi david
Excellent set and at my local RSPB reserve
cheers Neil
pentax k3 k5 super A da* 300 f4 da*50-135 f 2.8 smc 50mm f1.7 af 360 fgz pentax1.4xhd converter
Pentax o-gps1

Panasonic Dmc Fz200

richandfleur

Link Posted 07/06/2016 - 22:22
Loved these

davidstorm

Link Posted 07/06/2016 - 22:30
Thanks for the comments so far guys.

prsjnb wrote:
At the risk of making a complete fool of myself, something I seem to do with disturbing regularity, I'll wager that those with the slightly cooler colour balance (e.g. 3 and 12) were shot with the Tamron.

Your choice to forgo the dubious pleasures of DIY in favour of photographic fulfillment has been demonstrably vindicated. Without wishing to seem unkind, perhaps you should consider sending SWMBO away for the weekend more often

BW

Jon

3 and 12 are not the ones with the Tamron! I think the cooler balance on these is more to do with the lighting / backgrounds. Any other guesses? It might be difficult to spot on the Forum, but at full size there's a big difference in micro contrast and sharpness.

Regarding the missus being away more often, I'll have to have a word with her about that! We've just bought a new caravan so maybe I'll have some opportunities to get away on my own in it (the Lake District is beckoning me).

Cheers
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Daronl

Link Posted 07/06/2016 - 22:44
What a day, what a well taken set of stunning images,

Regards
Daronl

OldTaffy

Link Posted 07/06/2016 - 22:47
There is a lot to be said for being on ones own when photographing. I certainly like to be free of having to consider the wants of others.

Wonderful set of photos. I particularly like 2, 7, 13 and 17 - for undefinable reasons except that they appeal to me. I would not dare guess which lens took which.

Martin
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 07/06/2016 - 23:38
Great stuff David... Super set...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

davidwozhere

Link Posted 08/06/2016 - 01:49
They've said it all - these are magnificent
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.