My first primes on digital
Posted 19/02/2010 - 06:40
Link
I asked the seller a question,
Dear foto-hobby,
Hi,
Do you have the missing rear section of the lens with the Pentax bayonet mounts on it.
Greg
and here is his reply, which I do not understand but I think he is being a bit devious what.
hi
you need to what camera notes such you will get
jolanta - foto-hobby
Dear foto-hobby,
Hi,
Do you have the missing rear section of the lens with the Pentax bayonet mounts on it.
Greg
and here is his reply, which I do not understand but I think he is being a bit devious what.
hi
you need to what camera notes such you will get
jolanta - foto-hobby
Posted 19/02/2010 - 07:44
Link
Just looked at his advert - and in all fairness he does say
Quote:
SMC Pentax M Reflex 13.5/2000mm Pentax Canon Eos Nikon I ADD ON WISH of BUYER ONE ADAPTER .Glass Condition Mint-.Cosmetic see picture
So I presume he means that the lucky winner will get the missing bit that suits his/her own camera.
SMC Pentax M Reflex 13.5/2000mm Pentax Canon Eos Nikon I ADD ON WISH of BUYER ONE ADAPTER .Glass Condition Mint-.Cosmetic see picture
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 19/02/2010 - 07:57
Link
I demanded a YES or NO answer as to whether or not the missing section was included and he replied "NOT"
He may well have some non standard adaptor but not the original Pentax fitting.
Greg
He may well have some non standard adaptor but not the original Pentax fitting.
Greg
Posted 19/02/2010 - 10:03
Link
anyone asking that much money but unwilling or unable to answer simple questions in plain English seems to me a seller worth avoiding like the plague.
you don't have to be mad to post here
but it does help
but it does help
Posted 19/02/2010 - 10:18
Link
Mongoose wrote:
anyone asking that much money but unwilling or unable to answer simple questions in plain English seems to me a seller worth avoiding like the plague.
Wise words I think.
anyone asking that much money but unwilling or unable to answer simple questions in plain English seems to me a seller worth avoiding like the plague.
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.
Apparently.
Apparently.
Posted 19/02/2010 - 22:49
Link
gregmoll wrote:
I asked the seller a question,
Dear foto-hobby,
Hi,
Do you have the missing rear section of the lens with the Pentax bayonet mounts on it.
Greg
and here is his reply, which I do not understand but I think he is being a bit devious what.
hi
you need to what camera notes such you will get
jolanta - foto-hobby
My response was as follows:I asked the seller a question,
Dear foto-hobby,
Hi,
Do you have the missing rear section of the lens with the Pentax bayonet mounts on it.
Greg
and here is his reply, which I do not understand but I think he is being a bit devious what.
hi
you need to what camera notes such you will get
jolanta - foto-hobby
Dear foto-hobby,
Hi - This lens is missing the rear mount for the lens - so will not fit on a pentax. Do you have the pentax mount for this lens?
If you have the mount, please post a picture of it as I would need to see it if I want to buy a lens at this price...
Reply
hi
not adapter
jolanta
- foto-hobby
Regards
David
Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:
David
Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:
Posted 19/02/2010 - 23:01
Link
It's a pity that the price is so high as I would be prepared to take a chance that the fittings from my K1000mm and K500mm would work, the connection looks identical. Do you think he would accept an offer of $900
Greg
Greg
Posted 19/02/2010 - 23:20
Link
gregmoll wrote:
It's a pity that the price is so high as I would be prepared to take a chance that the fittings from my K1000mm and K500mm would work, the connection looks identical. Do you think he would accept an offer of $900
Greg
Why not you can make an offer right?
It's a pity that the price is so high as I would be prepared to take a chance that the fittings from my K1000mm and K500mm would work, the connection looks identical. Do you think he would accept an offer of $900
Greg
Posted 19/02/2010 - 23:57
Link
The lens is pretty worthless to anyone without the adapter - I'm not sure what he intends to offer to connect it to a camera. This is the second time I've seen a big desirable lens missing this crucial part - read a thread on another forum about a similar problem a while ago. You'd have thought they'd keep something so crucial attached to the rest of the lens!
Theoretically you could have a precision engineering works machine one for you if you had all the measurements, but I wouldn't like to guess how much it'd cost.
Theoretically you could have a precision engineering works machine one for you if you had all the measurements, but I wouldn't like to guess how much it'd cost.
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 20/02/2010 - 05:04
Link
BTW, we are still on topic aren't we, it is headed "My first primes on digital" and this lens is as good a start as any isn't it :
Greg
Greg
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



392 posts
17 years
Pretoria,
South Africa
Mind you, I doubt I'll find a copy of the 2000mm lens.
Maybe that's why he refers to "Pentax Canon Eos Nikon".
Greg