My first primes on digital

gregmoll

Link Posted 19/02/2010 - 06:09
hefty1 wrote:
womble wrote:
Mind you, I doubt I'll find a copy of the 2000mm lens.

You probably won't want to look at this link then...

Looking at the photo of the lens it is not complete as it is missing the removable rear section of the lens with the bayonet fitting. It appears to be the same construction as the K1000 and K500mm lens, a couple of which have been sold minus this essential part, much to the purchasers surprise.

Maybe that's why he refers to "Pentax Canon Eos Nikon".

Greg

gregmoll

Link Posted 19/02/2010 - 06:40
I asked the seller a question,

Dear foto-hobby,
Hi,
Do you have the missing rear section of the lens with the Pentax bayonet mounts on it.
Greg

and here is his reply, which I do not understand but I think he is being a bit devious what.

hi
you need to what camera notes such you will get
jolanta - foto-hobby

techno-terminator

Link Posted 19/02/2010 - 07:44
Just looked at his advert - and in all fairness he does say

Quote:
SMC Pentax M Reflex 13.5/2000mm Pentax Canon Eos Nikon I ADD ON WISH of BUYER ONE ADAPTER .Glass Condition Mint-.Cosmetic see picture

So I presume he means that the lucky winner will get the missing bit that suits his/her own camera.
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

gregmoll

Link Posted 19/02/2010 - 07:57
I demanded a YES or NO answer as to whether or not the missing section was included and he replied "NOT"

He may well have some non standard adaptor but not the original Pentax fitting.

Greg

Mongoose

Link Posted 19/02/2010 - 10:03
anyone asking that much money but unwilling or unable to answer simple questions in plain English seems to me a seller worth avoiding like the plague.
you don't have to be mad to post here

but it does help

robbie_d

Link Posted 19/02/2010 - 10:18
Mongoose wrote:
anyone asking that much money but unwilling or unable to answer simple questions in plain English seems to me a seller worth avoiding like the plague.

Wise words I think.
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.

Apparently.

mayday

Link Posted 19/02/2010 - 22:49
gregmoll wrote:
I asked the seller a question,

Dear foto-hobby,
Hi,
Do you have the missing rear section of the lens with the Pentax bayonet mounts on it.
Greg

and here is his reply, which I do not understand but I think he is being a bit devious what.

hi
you need to what camera notes such you will get
jolanta - foto-hobby

My response was as follows:

Dear foto-hobby,

Hi - This lens is missing the rear mount for the lens - so will not fit on a pentax. Do you have the pentax mount for this lens?
If you have the mount, please post a picture of it as I would need to see it if I want to buy a lens at this price...

hi
not adapter
jolanta

- foto-hobby

Regards
David

Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:

gregmoll

Link Posted 19/02/2010 - 23:01
It's a pity that the price is so high as I would be prepared to take a chance that the fittings from my K1000mm and K500mm would work, the connection looks identical. Do you think he would accept an offer of $900

Greg

Anvh

Link Posted 19/02/2010 - 23:20
gregmoll wrote:
It's a pity that the price is so high as I would be prepared to take a chance that the fittings from my K1000mm and K500mm would work, the connection looks identical. Do you think he would accept an offer of $900

Greg

Why not you can make an offer right?
Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

Dangermouse

Link Posted 19/02/2010 - 23:57
The lens is pretty worthless to anyone without the adapter - I'm not sure what he intends to offer to connect it to a camera. This is the second time I've seen a big desirable lens missing this crucial part - read a thread on another forum about a similar problem a while ago. You'd have thought they'd keep something so crucial attached to the rest of the lens!

Theoretically you could have a precision engineering works machine one for you if you had all the measurements, but I wouldn't like to guess how much it'd cost.
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.

gregmoll

Link Posted 20/02/2010 - 05:04
BTW, we are still on topic aren't we, it is headed "My first primes on digital" and this lens is as good a start as any isn't it

Greg
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.