My first primes on digital
Posted 18/02/2010 - 14:56
Link
mph555l wrote:
Cheers,
LBA Ian
ahh but you see Clarky has managed to get what is probably the only known cure for LBA.Clarky wrote:
Clarky - Now thats the worst case of denial I have ever seen ! terje-l wrote:
LBA = Lens Buying Addiction. A disease often found in the photographic environment. Luckily, I have not been affected - yet
Neither have I, Luckily LBA = Lens Buying Addiction. A disease often found in the photographic environment. Luckily, I have not been affected - yet
Cheers,
LBA Ian
A full set of Pentax Ltd primes.
you don't have to be mad to post here
but it does help
but it does help
Posted 18/02/2010 - 14:59
Link
Is there any way of crippling one's computer so that eBay doesn't work? This would save me a lot of money.
~Pete
Posted 18/02/2010 - 15:43
Link
bwichmawr wrote:
Neither have I, Luckily
Neither have I, Luckily
Quote:
Yeah right.
But at least you're man enough to put the list of your afflictions right up there for all to see, Clarky...
Mine's hidden right away.
A.
But thats only half of them There's a swag of Taks that I haven't listed. But they don't count anyway, Do they :
Yeah right.
But at least you're man enough to put the list of your afflictions right up there for all to see, Clarky...
Mine's hidden right away.
A.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 18/02/2010 - 15:55
Link
bwichmawr wrote:
I mean, just how many 35mm lenses from the 1970s does a man need?
Best wishes,
Andrew
I refuse to amswer that question... Bojidar lists 36 K series primes alone. Mind you, I doubt I'll find a copy of the 2000mm lens.I mean, just how many 35mm lenses from the 1970s does a man need?
Best wishes,
Andrew
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 18/02/2010 - 16:11
Link
womble wrote:
Mind you, I doubt I'll find a copy of the 2000mm lens.
You probably won't want to look at this link then...
Mind you, I doubt I'll find a copy of the 2000mm lens.
Joining the Q
Posted 18/02/2010 - 16:28
Link
The 50mm is only a gateway to harder lenses. After a while you'll be hunting 200mm primes and using a 55mm f1.8 dating from the mid 1970s on a regular basis!
I haven't had any trouble with underexposure on mine - yours is in "A" mode? I know the metering can be a bit whimsical with pre-A series lenses in Manual mode.
I haven't had any trouble with underexposure on mine - yours is in "A" mode? I know the metering can be a bit whimsical with pre-A series lenses in Manual mode.
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 18/02/2010 - 16:49
Link
Dangermouse wrote:
The 50mm is only a gateway to harder lenses. After a while you'll be hunting 200mm primes and using a 55mm f1.8 dating from the mid 1970s on a regular basis!
I haven't had any trouble with underexposure on mine - yours is in "A" mode? I know the metering can be a bit whimsical with pre-A series lenses in Manual mode.
Got the lens in 'A' mode, seems to be dark when not compensating (using Av mode on camera), whereas the 28mm is spot on. Not really too worried as it's easy enough to sort out.
The 50mm is only a gateway to harder lenses. After a while you'll be hunting 200mm primes and using a 55mm f1.8 dating from the mid 1970s on a regular basis!
I haven't had any trouble with underexposure on mine - yours is in "A" mode? I know the metering can be a bit whimsical with pre-A series lenses in Manual mode.
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.
Apparently.
Apparently.
Posted 18/02/2010 - 16:57
Link
Well somehow the underexposure problem seems to have sorted itself out.
Put the 50mm back on the camera, and hey presto, no problem.
User error I'm sure...
Put the 50mm back on the camera, and hey presto, no problem.
User error I'm sure...
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.
Apparently.
Apparently.
Posted 18/02/2010 - 17:00
Link
Very odd. I know the chap I bought my 50mm f1.7 from said in the listing that he'd tried it on digital but didn't like it (something to do with contrast IIRC). I've never had any trouble with it, in fact I tend to use that lens as a general walk-around one. It's a short telephoto on digital but I find that helps to cut out unwanted foreground clutter - it takes you over the fence and closer to the lake, for example.
Just snagged an A 50mm f2 on ebay for £15, supposedly near mint. Not a bad investment and it'll be going on my Super A. Planning to get hold of an original strap and use that as a second manual focus film body alongside my MX
Just snagged an A 50mm f2 on ebay for £15, supposedly near mint. Not a bad investment and it'll be going on my Super A. Planning to get hold of an original strap and use that as a second manual focus film body alongside my MX
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 18/02/2010 - 17:10
Link
Dangermouse wrote:
Very odd. I know the chap I bought my 50mm f1.7 from said in the listing that he'd tried it on digital but didn't like it (something to do with contrast IIRC). I've never had any trouble with it, in fact I tend to use that lens as a general walk-around one. It's a short telephoto on digital but I find that helps to cut out unwanted foreground clutter - it takes you over the fence and closer to the lake, for example.
Just snagged an A 50mm f2 on ebay for £15, supposedly near mint. Not a bad investment and it'll be going on my Super A. Planning to get hold of an original strap and use that as a second manual focus film body alongside my MX
I'm pretty sure my next purchase will be a macro. Already scouring the internet...
Very odd. I know the chap I bought my 50mm f1.7 from said in the listing that he'd tried it on digital but didn't like it (something to do with contrast IIRC). I've never had any trouble with it, in fact I tend to use that lens as a general walk-around one. It's a short telephoto on digital but I find that helps to cut out unwanted foreground clutter - it takes you over the fence and closer to the lake, for example.
Just snagged an A 50mm f2 on ebay for £15, supposedly near mint. Not a bad investment and it'll be going on my Super A. Planning to get hold of an original strap and use that as a second manual focus film body alongside my MX
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.
Apparently.
Apparently.
Posted 18/02/2010 - 17:47
Link
Good luck - the Macro lenses always go for big money!
I have had some success with closeups using my Pentax-M 40-80mm zoom, which has a macro function.
I have had some success with closeups using my Pentax-M 40-80mm zoom, which has a macro function.
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 18/02/2010 - 18:04
Link
hefty1 wrote:
Pentax made a mirror lens?
womble wrote:
Mind you, I doubt I'll find a copy of the 2000mm lens.
You probably won't want to look at this link then...Mind you, I doubt I'll find a copy of the 2000mm lens.
K-5; Siggy 10-20 f4, 30mm f1.4, 18-50mm f2.8, 70-200mm f2.8; Tammy 400mm f4, 500mm f8
Posted 18/02/2010 - 18:20
Link
whelmed wrote:
Yes actually - 3 I know of: 1000, 2000 and 400/600 Zoomhefty1 wrote:
Pentax made a mirror lens?womble wrote:
Mind you, I doubt I'll find a copy of the 2000mm lens.
You probably won't want to look at this link then...Mind you, I doubt I'll find a copy of the 2000mm lens.

2000mm
Regards
David
Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:
David
Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:
Posted 19/02/2010 - 02:37
Link
hefty1 wrote:
Thankfully that is in the "I couldn't afford it even if I wanted to" category which makes it easy to resist.
womble wrote:
Mind you, I doubt I'll find a copy of the 2000mm lens.
You probably won't want to look at this link then...Mind you, I doubt I'll find a copy of the 2000mm lens.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


271 posts
20 years
Stockholm
LBA = Lens Buying Addiction. A disease often found in the photographic environment. Luckily, I have not been affected - yet
Cheers,
LBA Ian