My first primes on digital

mph555l

Link Posted 18/02/2010 - 14:53
Clarky wrote:
terje-l wrote:
LBA = Lens Buying Addiction. A disease often found in the photographic environment. Luckily, I have not been affected - yet

Neither have I, Luckily

Clarky - Now thats the worst case of denial I have ever seen !

Cheers,

LBA Ian
K10D & Super A user.

Mongoose

Link Posted 18/02/2010 - 14:56
mph555l wrote:
Clarky wrote:
Quote:
LBA = Lens Buying Addiction. A disease often found in the photographic environment. Luckily, I have not been affected - yet

Neither have I, Luckily

Clarky - Now thats the worst case of denial I have ever seen !

Cheers,

LBA Ian

ahh but you see Clarky has managed to get what is probably the only known cure for LBA.

A full set of Pentax Ltd primes.
you don't have to be mad to post here

but it does help

iceblinker

Link Posted 18/02/2010 - 14:59
Is there any way of crippling one's computer so that eBay doesn't work? This would save me a lot of money.
~Pete

Clarky

Link Posted 18/02/2010 - 15:43
bwichmawr wrote:
Neither have I, Luckily

Quote:
Yeah right.

But at least you're man enough to put the list of your afflictions right up there for all to see, Clarky...

Mine's hidden right away.

A.

But thats only half of them There's a swag of Taks that I haven't listed. But they don't count anyway, Do they
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Last Edited by Clarky on 18/02/2010 - 15:45

womble

Link Posted 18/02/2010 - 15:55
bwichmawr wrote:
I mean, just how many 35mm lenses from the 1970s does a man need?

Best wishes,

Andrew

I refuse to amswer that question... Bojidar lists 36 K series primes alone. Mind you, I doubt I'll find a copy of the 2000mm lens.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

hefty1

Link Posted 18/02/2010 - 16:11
womble wrote:
Mind you, I doubt I'll find a copy of the 2000mm lens.

You probably won't want to look at this link then...
Joining the Q

Dangermouse

Link Posted 18/02/2010 - 16:28
The 50mm is only a gateway to harder lenses. After a while you'll be hunting 200mm primes and using a 55mm f1.8 dating from the mid 1970s on a regular basis!

I haven't had any trouble with underexposure on mine - yours is in "A" mode? I know the metering can be a bit whimsical with pre-A series lenses in Manual mode.
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Last Edited by Dangermouse on 18/02/2010 - 16:31

robbie_d

Link Posted 18/02/2010 - 16:49
Dangermouse wrote:
The 50mm is only a gateway to harder lenses. After a while you'll be hunting 200mm primes and using a 55mm f1.8 dating from the mid 1970s on a regular basis!

I haven't had any trouble with underexposure on mine - yours is in "A" mode? I know the metering can be a bit whimsical with pre-A series lenses in Manual mode.

Got the lens in 'A' mode, seems to be dark when not compensating (using Av mode on camera), whereas the 28mm is spot on. Not really too worried as it's easy enough to sort out.
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.

Apparently.

robbie_d

Link Posted 18/02/2010 - 16:57
Well somehow the underexposure problem seems to have sorted itself out.

Put the 50mm back on the camera, and hey presto, no problem.

User error I'm sure...

Apparently.

Dangermouse

Link Posted 18/02/2010 - 17:00
Very odd. I know the chap I bought my 50mm f1.7 from said in the listing that he'd tried it on digital but didn't like it (something to do with contrast IIRC). I've never had any trouble with it, in fact I tend to use that lens as a general walk-around one. It's a short telephoto on digital but I find that helps to cut out unwanted foreground clutter - it takes you over the fence and closer to the lake, for example.

Just snagged an A 50mm f2 on ebay for £15, supposedly near mint. Not a bad investment and it'll be going on my Super A. Planning to get hold of an original strap and use that as a second manual focus film body alongside my MX
Matt

robbie_d

Link Posted 18/02/2010 - 17:10
Dangermouse wrote:
Very odd. I know the chap I bought my 50mm f1.7 from said in the listing that he'd tried it on digital but didn't like it (something to do with contrast IIRC). I've never had any trouble with it, in fact I tend to use that lens as a general walk-around one. It's a short telephoto on digital but I find that helps to cut out unwanted foreground clutter - it takes you over the fence and closer to the lake, for example.

Just snagged an A 50mm f2 on ebay for £15, supposedly near mint. Not a bad investment and it'll be going on my Super A. Planning to get hold of an original strap and use that as a second manual focus film body alongside my MX

I'm pretty sure my next purchase will be a macro. Already scouring the internet...

Apparently.

Dangermouse

Link Posted 18/02/2010 - 17:47
Good luck - the Macro lenses always go for big money!

I have had some success with closeups using my Pentax-M 40-80mm zoom, which has a macro function.
Matt

whelmed

Link Posted 18/02/2010 - 18:04
hefty1 wrote:
womble wrote:

Pentax made a mirror lens?
K-5; Siggy 10-20 f4, 30mm f1.4, 18-50mm f2.8, 70-200mm f2.8; Tammy 400mm f4, 500mm f8

mayday

Link Posted 18/02/2010 - 18:20
whelmed wrote:
hefty1 wrote:
Quote:

Pentax made a mirror lens?

Yes actually - 3 I know of: 1000, 2000 and 400/600 Zoom

2000mm
Regards
David

Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:

womble

Link Posted 19/02/2010 - 02:37
hefty1 wrote:
womble wrote:

Thankfully that is in the "I couldn't afford it even if I wanted to" category which makes it easy to resist.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.