fatspider
Posted 26/01/2021 - 14:39 Link
Nice ones, feeling rather envious.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
cardiffgareth
Posted 26/01/2021 - 15:37 Link
Lovely looking bird and that ISO! File cleaned up real nice. Do you use LR for the noise reduction or something else as I can't get my high ISO files to look anywhere near as good as that!
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
takuman
Posted 26/01/2021 - 16:38 Link
Beautiful. What colours. Well caught
Just passing thru
RobL
Posted 26/01/2021 - 19:26 Link
cardiffgareth wrote:
Lovely looking bird and that ISO! File cleaned up real nice. Do you use LR for the noise reduction or something else as I can't get my high ISO files to look anywhere near as good as that!

Thanks Gareth, I was as surprised as you. I have found that exposing as far to the right as possible raises the ISO but noise is less noticeable; luckily here there was no bright sky to affect the reading so the shadow areas were well lightened. Previously I tended to underexpose to keep the ISO down but compensating in post processing really showed the noise up. I processed in Lightroom with minor tweaks, sharpening to 65, masking 10, noise reduction 20. I put a radial filter around the bird and reduced exposure to darken the background and pushed noise reduction to +100 to remove noise from the out of focus background. I compared this with what could be done in Photoshop but that didn’t give a better result.
Flan
Posted 27/01/2021 - 12:55 Link
They are great shots RobL ,even more impressive for the time of the year. Thanks for sharing your editing techniques and your exposure on the histogram. Attilio Ruffo has a YouTube channel on long exposure photography. He shoots at lowest iso and always says to expose to the right, as he produces a lot less noise in editing which is slightly against the views of other photographers. His work is impressive if you like landscapes. Again thanks for sharing.
Sry
Posted 27/01/2021 - 22:56 Link
Astonishing colours on that bird, and well captured.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.