Another fog/ice picture

womble

Link Posted 19/01/2021 - 10:04
Pentax KX, M100/2.8, FPP Let it snow film, commercial dev and scan.

icy cow parsley par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

K10D

Link Posted 21/01/2021 - 08:58
I like it Kris. Nicely put together. It's almost two individual images with both vying for attention.

Best regards

womble

Link Posted 22/01/2021 - 10:35
Thanks Gary. I was going for tree being an echo or shadow of the cow parsley, but I don't think I got the composition quite right.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Flan

Link Posted 22/01/2021 - 16:55
Hi womble ,I like the relationship between the two (similarity) and the exposure and focus on the cow parsley is spot on to my eyes. I still like it and maybe a revisit could possibly bring even greater reward. Well spotted. Maybe a pair of scissors might come in handy for perfect composition.
Last Edited by Flan on 22/01/2021 - 16:59

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 26/01/2021 - 15:32
womble wrote:
Thanks Gary. I was going for tree being an echo or shadow of the cow parsley, but I don't think I got the composition quite right.

Whatever the foreground plant is, I agree, it infringes into the tree and a side step to the left would have fixed this but hey ho, hindsight is a wonderful thing!

For me, there isn't a lot in the frame but what there is, it implies a cold and stark landscape so it works well
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

womble

Link Posted 26/01/2021 - 22:18
cardiffgareth wrote:
womble wrote:

Whatever the foreground plant is, I agree, it infringes into the tree and a side step to the left would have fixed this but hey ho, hindsight is a wonderful thing!

For me, there isn't a lot in the frame but what there is, it implies a cold and stark landscape so it works well

This is where the aforementioned scissors would have come into play. A side-step to the left and there were more of the little ... wotsits. As it is I have cropped a bit off the left side of the image. Note to self... always pack secateurs. I already feel like a pack-animal when I go out photo-snapping!
Kris Lockyear

My website

alfpics

Link Posted 27/01/2021 - 11:38
womble wrote:
cardiffgareth wrote:
Quote:

This is where the aforementioned scissors would have come into play. A side-step to the left and there were more of the little ... wotsits. As it is I have cropped a bit off the left side of the image. Note to self... always pack secateurs. I already feel like a pack-animal when I go out photo-snapping!

or a well aimed boot...
Andy

Flan

Link Posted 27/01/2021 - 11:51
alfpics wrote:
womble wrote:
Quote:
womble wrote:

or a well aimed boot...

A boot I was not throwing,alfpics but I can see it could be interpreted as such. I was trying to suggest to remove a few of the the stray cow parsley strands to achieve a minimalist composition.
Last Edited by Flan on 27/01/2021 - 12:00

Sry

Link Posted 27/01/2021 - 22:59
We can all do with better composition from time to time, but that's what going back to the scene is for - to follow up on a great idea!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.