Murmuration

Sry

Link Posted 20/07/2020 - 21:57
All lovely shots in this set, Bill. I'll agree with Nigel above concerning #2 - that tiny bit of house and trees is the real strength of the image. As are the partial trees in #3 - your regular use of such an inclusion/exclusion effect always works wonders, letting the mind roam... The ICMs - you've really made them a beautiful part of your vocabulary. #6 has really come out quite wonderfully.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 21/07/2020 - 16:47
There's a "watercolour" look to some of these that just works so well to my eyes. I don't think I would have seen the compositions that you have, I would have dismissed them as not capable of making a good image and would have ended up with the classic "seen one, seen them all" shots that Rob alluded to.

One of the biggest values of seeing work such as yours (and Serge's) is that it makes me re-assess how I would do things in similar situations - thanks for sharing once again
LennyBloke

redbusa99

Link Posted 21/07/2020 - 17:31
another great set bill, number 1 favourite for me but all excellent. Need to get down to the levels, keep forgetting this spectacle, Gloucester used to get a mini version of it.
K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr

Sry

Link Posted 21/07/2020 - 20:50
LennyBloke wrote:

One of the biggest values of seeing work such as yours (and Serge's)...

Quite the compliment, Lenny, thank you

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 23/07/2020 - 09:20
Thanks Rob, Nigel, Gareth, Serge, John and Joe... much appreciated as ever...

Rob and Nigel, yes, have a thing about flat light... love the way it can help to simplify everything... a bit like black and white, only in colour, if you see what I mean...

Serge, yes, liked no. 6 for how it felt... almost like a real storm... raining starlings...

John, thanks for thoughts re composition... yes, interesting... I did take quite a few shots where I covered the entire scene, but preferred these ones in the end... I suppose it’s a storytelling thing as much as anything... the whole reductive thing... choosing specific parts of the story, and trying to tell them as clearly as possible... and let the ‘whole’ take care of itself a little bit...

Joe, yes, murmurations appear to be on the decrease, although the jury’s still out as to exactly why...

Thanks again all...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

Sry

Link Posted 24/07/2020 - 22:46
thingsthatihaveseen wrote:
...a bit like black and white, only in colour

How very well put, Bill!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.