Murmuration
Posted 21/07/2020 - 16:47
Link
There's a "watercolour" look to some of these that just works so well to my eyes. I don't think I would have seen the compositions that you have, I would have dismissed them as not capable of making a good image and would have ended up with the classic "seen one, seen them all" shots that Rob alluded to.
One of the biggest values of seeing work such as yours (and Serge's) is that it makes me re-assess how I would do things in similar situations - thanks for sharing once again
One of the biggest values of seeing work such as yours (and Serge's) is that it makes me re-assess how I would do things in similar situations - thanks for sharing once again
LennyBloke
Posted 21/07/2020 - 20:50
Link
LennyBloke wrote:
One of the biggest values of seeing work such as yours (and Serge's)...
Quite the compliment, Lenny, thank you
One of the biggest values of seeing work such as yours (and Serge's)...
Posted 23/07/2020 - 09:20
Link
Thanks Rob, Nigel, Gareth, Serge, John and Joe... much appreciated as ever...
Rob and Nigel, yes, have a thing about flat light... love the way it can help to simplify everything... a bit like black and white, only in colour, if you see what I mean...
Serge, yes, liked no. 6 for how it felt... almost like a real storm... raining starlings...
John, thanks for thoughts re composition... yes, interesting... I did take quite a few shots where I covered the entire scene, but preferred these ones in the end... I suppose it’s a storytelling thing as much as anything... the whole reductive thing... choosing specific parts of the story, and trying to tell them as clearly as possible... and let the ‘whole’ take care of itself a little bit...
Joe, yes, murmurations appear to be on the decrease, although the jury’s still out as to exactly why...
Thanks again all...
Best
Rob and Nigel, yes, have a thing about flat light... love the way it can help to simplify everything... a bit like black and white, only in colour, if you see what I mean...
Serge, yes, liked no. 6 for how it felt... almost like a real storm... raining starlings...
John, thanks for thoughts re composition... yes, interesting... I did take quite a few shots where I covered the entire scene, but preferred these ones in the end... I suppose it’s a storytelling thing as much as anything... the whole reductive thing... choosing specific parts of the story, and trying to tell them as clearly as possible... and let the ‘whole’ take care of itself a little bit...
Joe, yes, murmurations appear to be on the decrease, although the jury’s still out as to exactly why...
Thanks again all...
Best
Posted 24/07/2020 - 22:46
Link
thingsthatihaveseen wrote:
...a bit like black and white, only in colour
How very well put, Bill!
...a bit like black and white, only in colour
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1124 posts
8 years