Morning Macro Madness
Posted 07/05/2008 - 11:32
Link
Stunning shots, I like them all
If thats what i can expect with the sigma 180mm i can't wait until mine arrives.
If thats what i can expect with the sigma 180mm i can't wait until mine arrives.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 07/05/2008 - 12:53
Link
Quote:
Great shots.....so sharp.
There is something about K20D shots - even at web resolutions, there is a quality about them that is different somehow from K10D pictures. Sharpness, yes, but more than that - an intangible impression of fine detail.Great shots.....so sharp.
I hesitated to comment on this after the first few I noticed, since I believed that at web resolutions, there couldn't be any real difference in sharpness.
But the more K20D shots I see, the more convinced I am that I'm not imagining it.
Can anyone explain this?
Posted 07/05/2008 - 13:44
Link
Quote:
But the more K20D shots I see, the more convinced I am that I'm not imagining it.
That's what I'm finding too... as much as I like the K10D I am getting increasingly frustrated over a certain "muddiness" that doesn't appear to be on the K20D. Don't get me wrong, compared to a Canon 20D or 30D my K10D in RAW mode with Silkypix still outperforms But I've sensed there's something more that could be done for nearly the last year.But the more K20D shots I see, the more convinced I am that I'm not imagining it.
...if only I had enough pennies for a K20D I'd do a controlled test
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
(For gallery, tips and links)
Posted 07/05/2008 - 14:26
Link
I agree about the K20D. I wonder if it's because it's a CMOS instead of CCD sensor. I know nothing about either technology, but it seems to me that the image quality is that bit more refined on the K20D compared to the K10D.
I don't print my photographs, so cannot comment on how that side of it compares.
I don't print my photographs, so cannot comment on how that side of it compares.
Posted 07/05/2008 - 14:33
Link
I love the metallic red sheen in the first photo and the emerald green in the third especially, but all of them are great shots.
I too notice an apparent difference between photos from the K10D and the K20D, however, it's not enough to get me parting with any cash as long as there are lenses on my "to save for" list...
I too notice an apparent difference between photos from the K10D and the K20D, however, it's not enough to get me parting with any cash as long as there are lenses on my "to save for" list...
Joining the Q
Posted 07/05/2008 - 14:36
Link
I have to agree with your assumptions of the K20. I believe my shots have a bit more pop to them compared to the K10.
One thing i can definately say is my K20 handles my DA*16-50 better than my K10 does :
But it appears to be the opposite with my D-FA100 macro. Albeit very slightly and i really haven't used the K20 macro combo enough for it to be definitive.
One thing i can definately say is my K20 handles my DA*16-50 better than my K10 does :
But it appears to be the opposite with my D-FA100 macro. Albeit very slightly and i really haven't used the K20 macro combo enough for it to be definitive.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 07/05/2008 - 18:10
Link
Fantastic! Do you and Clarky go around wearing microscopes or something?
Ken
Ken
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 07/05/2008 - 18:15
Link
Amazing shots, as always
What do you use on top of your monopod :
What do you use on top of your monopod :
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 07/05/2008 - 21:09
Link
I use a Manfrotto 486RC2 head with the ball loose when I'm taking the shot, then tighten it up and walk 2 inches, then search the plants again
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


589 posts
19 years
Berkshire
Macro & Wildlife Photography