More Bedham church

pschlute

Link Posted 18/06/2020 - 14:23
I discovered it was built in 1880 as both a school and a church. It ceased being a school in the 1930's and the last service was held in 1959. It is such an incongruous setting, being in the middle of a wood. I cant wait to get back there in misty and wintry conditions.

You can see all the church pictures in my Flickr album https://flic.kr/s/aHsmNTvU7W

Peter

My Flickr page

Chrism8

Link Posted 18/06/2020 - 15:39
Nicely shot Peter
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - 85mm F1.4, Pentax 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax FA 24 - 70 F2.8

Sigma 100-300 F4, Samyang 14mm F2.8, Sigma 70-200 F2.8,

K5iis - Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Sigma 70 - 300 F3.5/F5.6, Sigma 18 - 200 F3.6 / F4.5.

Helpful

LennyBloke

Link Posted 18/06/2020 - 20:18
Terrific Trio - you're a master of processing as well as having a good eye Peter
LennyBloke

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 18/06/2020 - 20:55
LennyBloke wrote:
Terrific Trio - you're a master of processing as well as having a good eye Peter

The lighting was awfully challenging. Deep shade and full on sun next to each other. Luckily I have been doing a few online tutorials in recent months and HDR merging was one of them. After merging three raw files I then open the merge in Adobe Camera Raw. That has seen a major upgrade in recent weeks and the brush tool is amazing. Almost blown highlights....no problem..... just paint in some exposure correction to the affected areas.

The first and third shot in this post would not have made it if I had relied on a single exposure.

This is the first of the 3 raw captures processed with default silkypix adjustments. Just look at the blown highlights !

Peter

My Flickr page
Last Edited by pschlute on 18/06/2020 - 21:02

prsjnb

Link Posted 19/06/2020 - 17:45
As others have noted, You've certainly done a great job with these images, Peter. A fascinating structure of unusual design and history. Is there any kind of preservation order on it as would be a great loss if it were allowed to fall into rack and ruin?

Helpful

Sry

Link Posted 19/06/2020 - 20:58
I like these Peter (as I do the whole set on flickr). Definitely the kind of place I'd love to spend some time in with a camera.

Helpful

K10D

Link Posted 20/06/2020 - 09:02
Very well processed and what a gem for subject material!

Masterful processing has produced images that absorb the viewer.

Best regards
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 20/06/2020 - 09:19
prsjnb wrote:
Is there any kind of preservation order on it as would be a great loss if it were allowed to fall into rack and ruin?

I cannot find any reference to it being "protected", but it sits in a conservation area so hopefully that offers it some security. There are two large steel poles supporting the highest wall. The other walls are all in reasonable condition. The Victorians were master craftsmen when it came to building.
Peter

My Flickr page

JAK

Link Posted 20/06/2020 - 16:44
It doesn't seem to be 'listed'. There's nothing to stop one from applying to Historic England though. I arranged for an ancient Dovecot in Bridlington also set in a woodland to be listed and 'We got it done' (without sounding too political I hope!) I was surprised that wasn't listed already too.
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 20/06/2020 - 16:46

Helpful
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.