Manchester Airport with DA HD 55-300WR

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 13/04/2019 - 18:05
Great weather for photos earlier today and wanted to try out a new spot and give my 55-300 its first proper airliner outing.

Very impressed with the lens and i'll definitely be returning to this spot!

HarisF1

Link Posted 13/04/2019 - 19:17
Awesome images, love the lot!

Which viewing spot did you choose? Looks a bit like the viewing park but can't be sure.

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 13/04/2019 - 20:07
HarisF1 wrote:
Awesome images, love the lot!

Which viewing spot did you choose? Looks a bit like the viewing park but can't be sure.

Cheers, they were landing from the west rather than the more normal easterly direction...runway 23R.

These were taken from the southside close to the new runway...just a path outside the perimeter fence but slightly higher than it so no obstructions.

regards

Karlo

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 13/04/2019 - 21:33
Edit: runway was 05R not 23R. (only relevant if anyone had a map out trying to visualise the location!)

davidwozhere

Link Posted 14/04/2019 - 01:21
How much is the premium for flying Buzzair?
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 14/04/2019 - 13:15
davidwozhere wrote:
How much is the premium for flying Buzzair?

Yeah, a couple of buzzards circling only a 100 yards or so from an active runway...I managed quite a few shots of them although a 400mm lens would have been ideal for these. Also a couple of skylarks proved quite entertaining and vocal.
Wildlife in general i've found seems to fare quite well on and around perimeter of airfields.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 14/04/2019 - 15:14
That lens is no slouch, neither is your shooting Nice
LennyBloke

AlJones2402

Link Posted 14/04/2019 - 15:44
Nice selection there Karlo. 👍

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 14/04/2019 - 19:09
LennyBloke wrote:
That lens is no slouch, neither is your shooting Nice

Thanks Lenny...appreciated. The lens is very good value...better than I realised it was going to be.

AlJones2402 wrote:
Nice selection there Karlo. 👍

Cheers Al...must get down your way again soon...maybe after Easter.

regards

Karlo

Sry

Link Posted 14/04/2019 - 23:47
I like that you added the buzzard image amongst the machines, it makes for a nice change of pace and perspective.

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 15/04/2019 - 08:20
Nice set Karlo...

Sry wrote:
I like that you added the buzzard image amongst the machines, it makes for a nice change of pace and perspective.

Yes, and a neat reminder of the original template on which our flying machines are based...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 16/04/2019 - 23:27
Sry wrote:

Yeah, that was my thinking really. I rarely come away from a few hours photography at the airport without a few bird shots as well. Buzzards are surprisingly common
there and of course being large and having a fairly predictable flight pattern they are nice to capture...although still invariably they need a decent cropping...unlike their man made 'cousins'.

thingsthatihaveseen wrote:
Nice set Karlo...

Sry wrote:

Yes, and a neat reminder of the original template on which our flying machines are based...

Best

Thanks Bill...apologies to yourself and 'sry' for late replies...only just seen your comments. Once the original thread disappears from view it's a case of 'out of sight... out of mind'

regards

Karlo
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.