Magazine Subscription Refunds?

vic cross

Link Posted 17/10/2010 - 09:01
I'm sure many members like myself payed well in advance when asked to do so. It was mentioned somewhere (I don't remember where) that we would get a refund when the magazine finished and the new on line FREE magazine started. Has anyone had a refund of subscriptions yet? CHEERS Vic
PS mine was paid up until 4th. Sept. 2012
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Last Edited by vic cross on 17/10/2010 - 09:02

johnriley

Link Posted 17/10/2010 - 09:40
If you look at the last item on the last page of the last magazine you will find a section about membership refunds.

In essence, it says drop the office a line telling them how many magazines you will be missing and they will let you know the options available.
Best regards, John

Gwyn

Link Posted 17/10/2010 - 09:47
I haven't had my magazine yet . Hopefully it will arrive on Tuesday. We don't get post on Mondays.

fatspider

Link Posted 17/10/2010 - 09:55
Ooo your in for a treat Gwyn, you'll be wishing you could make the Goth meet
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

vic cross

Link Posted 17/10/2010 - 10:18
G'Morning John. The very last article on the very last page of the very last magazine. I hadn't read that yet as I was reading the more interesting stuff. I didn't join until Sept. 2007 but I have every copy since. I know I can still read the new on line mag. but like many "wrinklies" like myself I like to have a mag. that I can pick up and put down anytime without having to turn on the 'Puter. It's a sad day for me. The death of a mag. I will wear black for a year. CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

johnriley

Link Posted 17/10/2010 - 16:55
I have a few more copies than that Vic, going back to the 1980s at least, and I will certainly miss the printed version.
Best regards, John

Dave_Evanson

Link Posted 17/10/2010 - 17:51
johnriley wrote:
If you look at the last item on the last page of the last magazine you will find a section about membership refunds.

In essence, it says drop the office a line telling them how many magazines you will be missing and they will let you know the options available.

I read that in the magazine and was more than a bit surprised and disappointed they are expecting the subscribers to do all the chasing around to get a refund. They should have all the records of who is owed a refund.

Hyram

Link Posted 17/10/2010 - 18:34
Dave_Evanson wrote:
johnriley wrote:

I read that in the magazine and was more than a bit surprised and disappointed they are expecting the subscribers to do all the chasing around to get a refund. They should have all the records of who is owed a refund.

I agree.

The refund should be automatic.

If the magazine had continued, was another edition due this year and when would it have appeared (i.e. which months) in 2011
Hyram

Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T

johnriley

Link Posted 17/10/2010 - 22:20
This was issue 4 for this year, so the next one would have been January 2011.
Best regards, John

bforbes

Link Posted 18/10/2010 - 16:44
My letter is on it's way. Any bets on the refund date
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

wvbarnes

Link Posted 19/10/2010 - 09:45
Hi all,

I too spotted the hidden details at the back of the mag. We were promised direct contact i thought. Very cheeky way to avoid as many refunds as possible!

I've emailed in from this site as my response and had no acknowledgement. Hsve they all left?

I can't remember the last time I had to write a letter to tell someone my membership number they issued to me in the first place! Has someone walked with th subscriptions PC then?

MrCynical

Link Posted 19/10/2010 - 09:49
wvbarnes wrote:
I too spotted the hidden details at the back of the mag. We were promised direct contact i thought. Very cheeky way to avoid as many refunds as possible!

+1 to this. If a company decides not to fulfill its side of a deal, it's the company's responsibility to issue refunds not the customer's responsibility to chase for them. Hiding the information in small print at the back of the magazine simply isn't acceptable.

Quote:
Dear subscriber,

Unfortunately this is the last issue of the PentaxUser magazine. All subscribers are receiving a pro-rata refund of their unused subscription payments. We therefore enclose a cheque for X.yy

How hard would it really have been to put that into Word and click Mail Merge?
Last Edited by MrCynical on 19/10/2010 - 10:04

Gwyn

Link Posted 19/10/2010 - 11:56
Well I hope they don't send me a cheque. It would cost more to cash it than the refund . As it is a refund will probably cost too much anyway.

Does it have to be a letter? Will an e-mail do?

It would be nice if they contacted their subscribers rather than us having to contact them. Last time a magazine I subscribed to folded they sent out letters and automatically refunded the remaining subscription. And that was back in the late 80's when things weren't as automated and easy as they are now.

greynolds999

Link Posted 19/10/2010 - 13:16
I agree that this is rather shoddy. I am not currently a subscriber but have been in the past. It's seems rather ungracious to treat the subscribers in this way, the very people who have been contributing money to keep the magazine going.
My Photobucket

El Dingo

Link Posted 19/10/2010 - 13:38
This very website says:
"Current subscribers to the Pentax User Club will be contacted in the post regarding refund options."

To then 'hide' this at the back of the magazine, placing the onus back on the subscriber, is shoddy and underhand.

There will be a database with the names and addresses of subscribers and their membership expiry date. So it isn't that hard to work out who and how much to refund.

I suppose that they hope it'll be too much bother for people to chase them up. I'm annoyed now.
El Dingo - K3-II and K10D
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.