Looking for a new MZ-S

DaveR

Link Posted 12/11/2006 - 22:35
I'm new to this forum having visited from time to time. I use only Pentax gear. I recently bought a significantly used MZ-S from the US via ebay, fell in love with the model and am now on the lookout for a new one. My web searches have come to nought as Pentax ceased production about 3 years ago, even though many US sites still list them.

Does anyone know where I might source a new one or one that's had minimal use?

Thanks,

DaveR

Mannesty

Link Posted 12/11/2006 - 22:56
Ebay seller shphoto-gmbh from Germany had some a while back and I don't think they were sold. You might try and contact them. He has a used one for sale now.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

DaveR

Link Posted 13/11/2006 - 10:00
Thanks Mannesty, I've seen those but they are very expensive in Australian dollars compared to ones I've seen in the US.

Mannesty

Link Posted 13/11/2006 - 12:37
I think you'll have trouble finding a brand new one 3 years after the end of production. Maybe settle for a mint used example.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

Pwynnej

Link Posted 13/11/2006 - 14:16
I remeber seeing some in Sauter in Germany two years ago....I procrastrinated and ditheres... then I had to buy used....found a mint one in Mifsuds and very happy with it too.

DaveR

Link Posted 16/11/2006 - 04:07
I have a new body coming from Western Australia - virtually my own backyard! A member on another forum contacted me who had one that hadn't even had batteries in it, we agreed on a price we were both happy with and it should be on it's way soon.

Thanks Pwynnej and Mannesty for your comments.

Pwynnej

Link Posted 16/11/2006 - 08:40
You're welcome...
Now, if you have a 24-90 SMC-FA lens on the front you have a wonderful piece of kit

Mannesty

Link Posted 16/11/2006 - 09:08
Excellent. Well done. A new MZ-S has got to be a rarity. Seems a shame to take it out if its box
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

bretbysteve

Link Posted 17/11/2006 - 11:38
Hiya,

I would say it seems a shame to leave it IN it's box..

cheers Steve.

DaveR

Link Posted 20/11/2006 - 09:30
I can assure you that it won't be staying in it's box for long. It's coming by post and is probably still nearly a week away yet. I've ordered a new Grip for it from bhphotovideo in the US and a used Timer Switch TS-110 from KEH. I don't suppose anyone has an owners manual for one of those that they could email me???

Mongoose

Link Posted 20/11/2006 - 20:27
surely if its still boxed it will come with an owners manual?

I am jealous, the MZ-S is a real thing of beauty. Such a shame they never brought the MZ-D to market, but who knows, perhaps the next new model from Pentax will be a K1D and we'll finally have a pro Pentax digital body to lust after.

Kimbo

Link Posted 21/11/2006 - 04:03
Err, I think DaveR is looking for a manual for the Timer Switch
Die my dear doctor, that's the last thing I shall do!

spirit_of_will

Link Posted 21/11/2006 - 11:12
I have one of those timer switches that I use on the MZ-S and 645nII, superb bit of kit for long dawn/dusk exposures... I haven't the foggiest where my manual is for it but I'll see if I can have a quick look. Shout if you have any specific questions as I 'think' I know how most of it works.

Will
Spirit_of_will

Fan and user of quality Pentax Shiny Kit

WEBSITE www.willbartonphotography.com & www.inspiredlightimages.com

Will Barton Photography: Landscapes, Cityscapes
My Flickr
Follow Will Barton Photography on Facebook

Mongoose

Link Posted 21/11/2006 - 11:35
Kimbo wrote:
Err, I think DaveR is looking for a manual for the Timer Switch

DOH! that's what comes of posting in the middle of the night I suppose

DaveR

Link Posted 21/11/2006 - 13:19
Thanks guys,

A copy of the TS-110 owners manual would be good, The switch hasn't arrived yet but I'm told it doesn't have a manual.

I know what you mean by posting late at night! It's 12:20am here now.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.