Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

London, Night. ICM.

Posted 19/11/2019 - 21:36 Link
As threatened... some ICMs/Multiple Exposures from my stint in London over the summer. All taken at night, in and around Piccadilly Circus/The Mall/St James' Park. K1ii and various lenses...

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

All thoughts, comments, observations etc. vwelcome as ever...

Best
pschlute
Posted 19/11/2019 - 22:14 Link
Really like 2/6/8 Bill. A couple of the others have strayed a bit too much into wobble territory if you get my meaning.
Nigelk
Posted 19/11/2019 - 22:40 Link
Very interesting and refreshing set. The more abstract particularly appeal to me, No.4 especially.
Also liking 6 and 10. No. 12 working well as a double or more exposure
alfpics
Posted 19/11/2019 - 22:47 Link
1,2,7, and 11 for me. 12 is intriguing; still trying to work it out!
Andy
davidwozhere
Posted 20/11/2019 - 00:50 Link
2 is quite lovely, having an almost impressionist feel to it and 3 makes a wonderful abstract.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
swarf
Posted 20/11/2019 - 09:13 Link
Really interesting set, and it's Nos. 1, 5, 6, 8 & 11 for me.

I know that ICM/Multiple exposure/abstracts are a bit like Marmite for many people (but particularly camera club judges!!), but I think that they're really interesting. You've captured some really great colours and shapes with these - I look forward to seeing more.

Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses

My Flikr Page link
Posted 20/11/2019 - 15:03 Link
Thanks all for thoughts and comments re these... always appreciated...

Peter, glad you like a few of 'em. Thanks for your honesty re the rest. Not everybody's cup of tea this, by any stretch, particularly, as you say, the very wobbly stuff...

Nigel and Andy, 12 is a double exposure of the the millennium wheel and shard on one frame, and the greeny yellowy red reflection (of a bit of Buckingham Palace actually) on another.

David, yes, 3 is actually an old fashioned zoom burst, with a bit of wobbly camera thrown in for good measure. Took me quite a few goes to get Eros (statue in Piccadilly Circus) bang in the centre of it.

Phil, yes, I suspect they might not pass the "sharpness" test for a number of camera club judges... 😉

Thanks again all... do appreciate all feedback, whether positive or negative, so keep it coming... always useful to see how these land...

Best
cardiffgareth
Posted 20/11/2019 - 17:46 Link
8 and 12 I really like for the abstractness they offer. I also like no.2
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Sry
Posted 20/11/2019 - 23:13 Link
pschlute wrote:
wobble territory

That's a great designation for some of these, Peter I think those in particular would work really well in conjunction with their counterparts in your previous set of images, Bill. There's good material there to work on some interesting diptychs. I also like how some details come out differently (more importantly, I should say) than they would in more 'classic' images - the bus number in 5, for example, the wiggly streaks of light in 7... And the electric elves sauntering through 9 certainly caught my eye.

What I really like are the abstracts though. The uncanny movement in the blue police monument in 4 and 10, the watery fire in 8 and the geometrically abstract yet sort-of-recognizable-as-to-what-it-may-be of 6 and 12. 6 is special with its butterfly shapes of light fluttering around. I have no idea how those came to be... A real belter that one!
JAK
Posted 20/11/2019 - 23:44 Link
"wobble territory" = Too many beers or glasses of wine I suppose!
John K
pschlute
Posted 21/11/2019 - 00:24 Link
Just to be clear I liked most of them
LennyBloke
Posted 21/11/2019 - 08:33 Link
Nice set (again) Bill - not a technique I have much success with, and I'm generally not a fan - but some of these show great vision.

6 and 12 are a great pair and don't overdo the effect, while 1 and 5 are clean and contrasty, capturing the busy nightlife well - particularly like the multiple Bus display in 5
LennyBloke
Posted 22/11/2019 - 13:38 Link
Gareth, John K, Peter and John L, thanks for thoughts re these... always useful...

Serge, thanks for diptych thought... Those kind of relationships tend not to occur to me very often, so v grateful for suggestion... the electric elves in 9 sort of started to emerge by accident, so very much went after them once I saw them... butterfly effect in 6 comes from the camera movement shape, from a single light source...

Best
Edited by thingsthatihaveseen: 22/11/2019 - 13:39

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.