lens hoods
Posted 29/11/2007 - 22:36
Link
Hi,
You might find it easier to find a local camera shop that sells secondhand and have a look through their "rummage" bin. You can normally pick up hoods etc for less than £1.
Which lenses did you get? Most of the 28 and 50's used 49mm filters/hoods. The only ones I know of with 52mm thread were the first "K" versions.
Kim
You might find it easier to find a local camera shop that sells secondhand and have a look through their "rummage" bin. You can normally pick up hoods etc for less than £1.
Which lenses did you get? Most of the 28 and 50's used 49mm filters/hoods. The only ones I know of with 52mm thread were the first "K" versions.
Kim
Posted 30/11/2007 - 07:00
Link
Damn but you're right it is indeed 49 mm. They are both A lenses and I can't imagine why I thought they were 52mm - there was a reason!
I hadn't thought of a rummage bin.
Many thanks.
Mike
I hadn't thought of a rummage bin.
Many thanks.
Mike
Posted 30/11/2007 - 09:16
Link
I have a few of the plastic petal shaped ones which I use on my 50mm 1.7 and 75mm 2.8 (645). I also use one on my 18-55 since I lost the original and balk at £39!!!!! for a new one. Since it doesn't vignette at 18mm it should be ok on your 28mm.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 30/11/2007 - 10:29
Link
Let me have a look at home. I might have a spare in my "rummage" bin.
Kim
Kim
Posted 30/11/2007 - 16:05
Link
Good news about the petal hood - which seem easy to get and reasonably priced.
And Kim that's a very kind offer.
Isn't it nice to be somewhere people help.
Mike
And Kim that's a very kind offer.
Isn't it nice to be somewhere people help.
Mike
Posted 02/12/2007 - 11:52
Link
Posted 02/12/2007 - 20:21
Link
Quote:
Let me have a look at home. I might have a spare in my "rummage" bin.
Kim
While you are rummaging in your bin can you have a look for a SP1000 base plate with functioning battery compartment please
Let me have a look at home. I might have a spare in my "rummage" bin.
Kim
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 02/12/2007 - 21:04
Link
Hey Kim I've only just realised your rummage bin is on the other side of the world!
I think eBay is my friend!
Mike
I think eBay is my friend!
Mike
Posted 06/12/2007 - 12:10
Link
Sorry, been a bit busy, but it hasn't stopped me in the past. The letter box is just as close.
Kim
Kim
Quote:
Hey Kim I've only just realised your rummage bin is on the other side of the world!
I think eBay is my friend!
Mike
Hey Kim I've only just realised your rummage bin is on the other side of the world!
I think eBay is my friend!
Mike
Posted 06/12/2007 - 12:11
Link
Sorry forgot about that. Will do.
Kim
Kim
Quote:
Kim C wrote:
Let me have a look at home. I might have a spare in my "rummage" bin.
Kim
While you are rummaging in your bin can you have a look for a SP1000 base plate with functioning battery compartment please Let me have a look at home. I might have a spare in my "rummage" bin.
Kim
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



3241 posts
18 years
Worcestershire
Now I need a 52mm lens hood - is this suitable
http://www.jessops.com/Store/s9134/0/Lens-Hoods/Jessops/Rubber-Lens-Hood-52mm/de...
And is this suitable
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/52mm-Flower-Shaped-Lens-Hood-4-all-52-mm-lens-filters_W0QQ...
Neither seems to mention the angle of the lens which would seem pretty critical to me. I'll be happy to get just one for the 28 and use it on the 50 which I know isn't ideal but it'll do. Damned if I'm paying Pentax prices for a bit of plastic!
Now I look at teh hood on the kit zoom I suspect either of those hoods will do.
Help and advice please!
Incidentally I am well pleased with both (Pentax) lenses both seem sharper than the kit kens and the 10-20 Sigma zoom.
Mike