LBA confessions
Posted 25/05/2010 - 23:53
Link
Ebay is the root cause of my LBA. I try to avoid it as much as possible these days and use the kit I aready own.
That said I one day, when I scrape together enough money I will get the DA 12-24....
Perhaps just a quick look on ebay before bed and see if I can find a stupidly cheap one somewhere...
Oh no I must resist... The temptation is too great...
/Ian - A man struggling with his LBA
That said I one day, when I scrape together enough money I will get the DA 12-24....
Perhaps just a quick look on ebay before bed and see if I can find a stupidly cheap one somewhere...
Oh no I must resist... The temptation is too great...
/Ian - A man struggling with his LBA
K10D & Super A user.
Posted 26/05/2010 - 00:29
Link
Ian - Ian - couldn`t we buy one between us and share ???
Please .....................
Eh Ho !
Time for bed
Tony
Please .....................
Eh Ho !
Time for bed
Tony
K20D,*istD ( now a dedicated M42 digital ),K100D,MZ5N,P50,ME Super,Spotmatic 1000,Spotmatic,ESII,ES,H2.18-55 II,18-55,75-300 FAJ,35-80 FA,80-200 F,28-105 FA,Sigma 24-70 AF Aspherical,Sigma 28-300 Hyperzoom , Praotor II 500 M42,Centon 500mm mirror,and a few Pentax M42 Taks,super-Taks,smc Taks,A and M lenses.Benbo trekker,7dayshop monopod and a Lowepro rucksack.
I am now on Flickr which is nice !
I am now on Flickr which is nice !
Posted 26/05/2010 - 00:46
Link
mph555l wrote:
That said I one day, when I scrape together enough money I will get the DA 12-24....
The best I could do for you is €859 since the Euro is low you might be lucky, it's 736 GBP... is that a good price?
That said I one day, when I scrape together enough money I will get the DA 12-24....
Posted 26/05/2010 - 01:11
Link
Hi My name is paul,
I have been clean for nearly three weeks.
Mainly cause I am still deciding between the Tammy 10-24 and the sig 10-20.
Oh and theres also a sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG on ebay at the mo for a little under $600 on my watch list (which may solve the above problem
AND a vivitar series1 AF 19-35mm
AND a Takumar Bayonet 28mm 2.8
along with several film bodies and some other bits
I obviously need help so please give generously what ever you can, preferably in Pentax mount !
I have been clean for nearly three weeks.
Mainly cause I am still deciding between the Tammy 10-24 and the sig 10-20.
Oh and theres also a sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG on ebay at the mo for a little under $600 on my watch list (which may solve the above problem
AND a vivitar series1 AF 19-35mm
AND a Takumar Bayonet 28mm 2.8
along with several film bodies and some other bits
I obviously need help so please give generously what ever you can, preferably in Pentax mount !
Clarky wrote:
LBA, whats that, never heard of it
I worked out that I have owned or own every DA lens, except the DA*200 and the DA*55 1.4 and that includes all the Ltds and a large portion of Takumars, K,M,A,F and FA lenses. Is that what LBA means :
I just have this vision of clarky's house looking like J.leno's garage, 15 rooms and clarky only uses one cause the rest is full of camera gear
LBA, whats that, never heard of it
I worked out that I have owned or own every DA lens, except the DA*200 and the DA*55 1.4 and that includes all the Ltds and a large portion of Takumars, K,M,A,F and FA lenses. Is that what LBA means :
All cameras are equal but.....
Some are more equal than others
Some are more equal than others
Posted 26/05/2010 - 08:02
Link
There is obviously no cure for this LBA disease...
In addition to the MkII kit lens, I own a Pentax-A 1.7/50 lens along with the Sigma 70-300 APO zoom.
What I dream about first and foremost is the 2.8/100 Pentax Macro lens. It would also be nice to have a lens that's a little wider than the kit lens.
Apart from this I'm happy (I think).
In addition to the MkII kit lens, I own a Pentax-A 1.7/50 lens along with the Sigma 70-300 APO zoom.
What I dream about first and foremost is the 2.8/100 Pentax Macro lens. It would also be nice to have a lens that's a little wider than the kit lens.
Apart from this I'm happy (I think).
Best regards
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Posted 26/05/2010 - 08:38
Link
My confession?
Er, I've just bought a used Samsung D-Xenon 100mm f2.8 macro.
It was a bargain at .....
Better not say the boss may be looking!
Er, I've just bought a used Samsung D-Xenon 100mm f2.8 macro.
It was a bargain at .....
Better not say the boss may be looking!
Cheers, HG
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
Posted 26/05/2010 - 09:01
Link
I've just bought a KX (the 35mm sort, not the digital one)...
Well, it looks very tidy, came with the original strap, and is apparently in full working order. Felt £44 to be a fair price and snapped it up!
Well, it looks very tidy, came with the original strap, and is apparently in full working order. Felt £44 to be a fair price and snapped it up!
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 26/05/2010 - 10:36
Link
Oh my !
I`ve just remembered I`ve got a Pentax 110 lens 28mm...................and doublers,triplers,bellows,reversing rings,tubes...........................I am truly sorry!!!!!
I`m taking the laptop to Derbyshire just in case that 50mm tak is..........oooooops !
T
I`ve just remembered I`ve got a Pentax 110 lens 28mm...................and doublers,triplers,bellows,reversing rings,tubes...........................I am truly sorry!!!!!
I`m taking the laptop to Derbyshire just in case that 50mm tak is..........oooooops !
T
K20D,*istD ( now a dedicated M42 digital ),K100D,MZ5N,P50,ME Super,Spotmatic 1000,Spotmatic,ESII,ES,H2.18-55 II,18-55,75-300 FAJ,35-80 FA,80-200 F,28-105 FA,Sigma 24-70 AF Aspherical,Sigma 28-300 Hyperzoom , Praotor II 500 M42,Centon 500mm mirror,and a few Pentax M42 Taks,super-Taks,smc Taks,A and M lenses.Benbo trekker,7dayshop monopod and a Lowepro rucksack.
I am now on Flickr which is nice !
I am now on Flickr which is nice !
Posted 26/05/2010 - 11:47
Link
I have a couple of working 110 bodies, 24mm and 18mm lenses, and the smaller of the two flashes they offered with its original case. I did run a roll of film through one of them years ago and the results were surprisingly good, although as it's now very difficult to get it processed I'm keeping them as museum pieces.
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 26/05/2010 - 13:32
Link
I'm on the edge of my seat, eager to see what happens next
My motto is buy everything, A sure fire cure for LBA.
My motto is buy everything, A sure fire cure for LBA.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 26/05/2010 - 15:26
Link
Clarky wrote:
I'm on the edge of my seat, eager to see what happens next
My motto is buy everything, A sure fire cure for LBA.
I'm on the edge of my seat, eager to see what happens next
My motto is buy everything, A sure fire cure for LBA.
I'm sure you would than buy a MF camera and than start to buy all lenses for that
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



2288 posts
18 years
Wirral - Cheshire. IQ 153 Chest Large
In the last month or so I have purchased a K100D ( for my wife ! ) a Sigma 24-70 AF Aspherical and a Monopod.
I only need a 12-24 now,thanks to Davex tempting me and letting me use his.
Do you think I should sell my old M42 stuff to finance this dream ?
Replies on the back of a postage stamp please......................
Oh hang on ............ I just got a reminder from Ebay...............
Tony
I am now on Flickr which is nice !