Lasers and Cameras

SlightlySoiled

Link Posted 08/03/2013 - 21:25
Velimir suggested in a VERY POLITE way that I must have been mental to take pics at a Pub Gig when they are using lasers. I've done it a couple of times before and found no problem. Since Velimir comment I've done pixel mapping, taken a picture of a white card and a black card, and can see nothing wrong. Am I missing something?

Cuchulainn

Link Posted 08/03/2013 - 22:44
Lasers can cause damage to sensors, but mainly at powers that would also be dangerous to your eyes. What's perhaps more of an issue is whether, if you were using a longer lens and looking at the source of the laser, it could be dangerous to you while you frame the shot. I don't set up lasers in public venues, so I don't know whether they also need to take into account people using cameras with long lenses (it's something you would need to think about in a lab environment if it was applicable).

Helpful

SlightlySoiled

Link Posted 08/03/2013 - 23:48
Thanks for that. I kind of thought if it can burn my eyes(as in just being in the pub) it can burn my sensor.

MSurgenor

Link Posted 09/03/2013 - 22:13
you should do a search on YouTube for laser and DSLR to see what damage can be done
---------------------
My Flickr Page
My 500px Page
My Pentax Photo Gallery Page
K-5 & D-BG4 grip; Lenses smc DA* 16-50mm, smc DA* 50-135mm; AF-540FGZ flash

SlightlySoiled

Link Posted 14/03/2013 - 23:11
I watched s lot of videos. They were all video cameras and people pointing laser pens into some kind of camera. Nothing really conclusive. I've had this flu going round, so haven't been in the mood to continue this post.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.