K7 Video mode

david1

Link Posted 30/01/2010 - 18:27
Here's a small clip I took today on the K7's video mode at the Bluebell Railway. Whilst I'm sure a dedicated HD camcorder would probably provide better image quality it does show the K7's video mode does provide good picture and sound quality.

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYCWfQWC2Dk
K5mk.IIs with 17-70mm DA and Sigma 70-300mm DA lenses. Before digital I used the P30T when using Fujichrome Velvia.

Technoblurb

Link Posted 30/01/2010 - 18:34
It looks quite sharp to me, especially compared to my JVC camcorder, nice one.

david1

Link Posted 30/01/2010 - 23:22
There's a further video clip I've added on youtube that I took today. Just to say there's no sound until about 30 seconds in because I forgot to switch on the external mic. Doh! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdkk4_UPxCo
K5mk.IIs with 17-70mm DA and Sigma 70-300mm DA lenses. Before digital I used the P30T when using Fujichrome Velvia.

Greytop

Link Posted 30/01/2010 - 23:46
Nice clips David
Regards Huw

flickr

cedricd

Link Posted 31/01/2010 - 19:55
Now i would like to replace my handycam and I am now getting a bit itchy. Should I ditch the K10 and buy a K7 to complement the K20? Choices, choices, I can hardly justify a separate camcorder but if i had a K7? how does using zoom affect the video?

Cedric
Enjoy life

iceblinker

Link Posted 31/01/2010 - 20:39
You can zoom as much as you like during video. The only trouble is if any refocusing is required afterwards. Focusing has to be done manually once the video has started, and then you only have the LCD to go by.

Focusing isn't so critical if using plenty of depth-of-field, though. The video quality is reasonable in typical British overcast conditions with f8 or even f11. (Shutter speed and ISO is completely automatic for video).
~Pete

david1

Link Posted 01/02/2010 - 16:00
Yep I'd agree with those above comments, if you want high quality footage, focusing and zoom controls then go for a dedicated hd camcorder. If ur after a DSLR that can offer reasonably good image quality with good sound, must get an external mic. though, but has limited zoom and focusing controls then go for the K7. For 90% of the time I'll be taking still photos with my K7 but the video option gives me something extra to play with on these railway photo shoots.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.