K7 in Machine Gun Mode......

K10D

Link Posted 28/02/2010 - 12:36
Used the K7 with Pentax 50-135mm fitted with the Pentax 1.7x AF TC to cover a cricket match. What a combination. FAST focus and sharp.

System is very easy to use and AF in either single or continuous is very good.

C&C welcome.

Regards

asview

Link Posted 28/02/2010 - 12:46
Excellent !!

these shots may have dispelled any doubts I had about the K7's autofocusing which was holding me off from the purchase of the K7.

Thanks for the shots.

Regards
albert

nass

Link Posted 28/02/2010 - 12:49
Yeah, backs up what I've found. It's about light, if it's bright, it works like a dream, absolutely fine. Low light indoor stuff - nil points.
... just another middle-aged guy with a hobby. I have an extreme macro learning site at extreme-macro.co.uk - Pentax-centric, your feedback and comments would be appreciated!

K10D

Link Posted 28/02/2010 - 12:51
I only brought one body!!!!!! Wish I had another K7 or my istD or K10 with me.

AF is fine, trust me, if I thought different, I would have brought the D700 and a hernia belt.

Regards

K10D

Link Posted 28/02/2010 - 12:58
No issues with low light as I have yet to try.

Regards

Mike-P

Link Posted 28/02/2010 - 13:55
Surely this depends on aperture more than focus speed. If you focus on say the stumps and then use a aperture such as f8 then everything is going to be in focus. Actual focus speed/tracking involves moving the camera and following an object

All this shows is that the fps is working ok.
. My Flickr

bwlchmawr

Link Posted 28/02/2010 - 19:31
Faultless work and focus: this is a pretty stern test. Decent lens, too.

A.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05

K10D

Link Posted 28/02/2010 - 19:32
Mike-P wrote:
Surely this depends on aperture more than focus speed. If you focus on say the stumps and then use a aperture such as f8 then everything is going to be in focus. Actual focus speed/tracking involves moving the camera and following an object

All this shows is that the fps is working ok.

Correct Mike.
This shot was tracked up to the point where they crossed.

My perception is that with the AF TC fitted, the 50-135mm is faster locking onto a subject than it is alone.

I thought it might be worth putting up a few shots to show what the machine gun mode can capture and to get some c&c.

I am not trying to sell Pentax AF speed. Other systems out perform Pentax for that, so if AF speed is the required, Pentax is not desired.

I never shoot at small apertures unless macro. I like isolation with compression as do the people who get the images.
When they say different, I shoot to suit.

Regards
Last Edited by K10D on 28/02/2010 - 19:44
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.