K7 Flash Issue?
Posted 01/09/2009 - 22:07
Link
I've just spent a couple of hours covering flash problems - if anything the K10D and later cameras under-expose flash rather than over-exposing it. I would guess the main subject is close to the camera perhaps?
Posting an image will help with the diagnosis.
Posting an image will help with the diagnosis.
Best regards, John
Posted 02/09/2009 - 06:12
Link
I haven't had any problems using my pentax 360 and Metz 58 AF-1, in fact I believe they work better on the K7 than on the K20. In respect to exposure compensation.
But I do have issues using My Pentax AF500FGZ and Pentax AF080C ring flash on the K7, They tend to misfire on a regular basis, they will fire once but then not fire for the next 2 or 3 shots, Both these flashes are not P-TTL compatible, and are a little long in the tooth now, so I suspect that may have something to do with it. They both work fine on the K20 though.:
But I do have issues using My Pentax AF500FGZ and Pentax AF080C ring flash on the K7, They tend to misfire on a regular basis, they will fire once but then not fire for the next 2 or 3 shots, Both these flashes are not P-TTL compatible, and are a little long in the tooth now, so I suspect that may have something to do with it. They both work fine on the K20 though.:
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 02/09/2009 - 18:55
Link
johnriley wrote:
I've just spent a couple of hours covering flash problems - if anything the K10D and later cameras under-expose flash rather than over-exposing it. I would guess the main subject is close to the camera perhaps?
Posting an image will help with the diagnosis.
Will sort one out John, just a wee bit busy putting in Solar water heating system...I've just spent a couple of hours covering flash problems - if anything the K10D and later cameras under-expose flash rather than over-exposing it. I would guess the main subject is close to the camera perhaps?
Posting an image will help with the diagnosis.
Regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 02/09/2009 - 23:42
Link
I often find the hot shoe on new cameras needs a little "running in" or it's prone not to connect properly. Make sure the flash really is properly seated before trying anything else.
Joining the Q
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6417 posts
17 years
Images burnt out? Even on program? Same gun on *istD and K10 no bother.
Is this me missing something or have others had any flash issues?
Regards