K7 Flash Issue?

K10D
Posted 01/09/2009 - 20:34 Link
Just back from a Bank Holiday shoot. Used my K7 with the 360 flashgun.

Images burnt out? Even on program? Same gun on *istD and K10 no bother.

Is this me missing something or have others had any flash issues?

Regards
Too far from a shore.
johnriley
Posted 01/09/2009 - 22:07 Link
I've just spent a couple of hours covering flash problems - if anything the K10D and later cameras under-expose flash rather than over-exposing it. I would guess the main subject is close to the camera perhaps?

Posting an image will help with the diagnosis.
Best regards, John
Clarky
Posted 02/09/2009 - 06:12 Link
I haven't had any problems using my pentax 360 and Metz 58 AF-1, in fact I believe they work better on the K7 than on the K20. In respect to exposure compensation.

But I do have issues using My Pentax AF500FGZ and Pentax AF080C ring flash on the K7, They tend to misfire on a regular basis, they will fire once but then not fire for the next 2 or 3 shots, Both these flashes are not P-TTL compatible, and are a little long in the tooth now, so I suspect that may have something to do with it. They both work fine on the K20 though.:
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
K10D
Posted 02/09/2009 - 18:55 Link
johnriley wrote:
I've just spent a couple of hours covering flash problems - if anything the K10D and later cameras under-expose flash rather than over-exposing it. I would guess the main subject is close to the camera perhaps?

Posting an image will help with the diagnosis.
Will sort one out John, just a wee bit busy putting in Solar water heating system...

Regards
Too far from a shore.
hefty1
Posted 02/09/2009 - 23:42 Link
I often find the hot shoe on new cameras needs a little "running in" or it's prone not to connect properly. Make sure the flash really is properly seated before trying anything else.
Joining the Q

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo