K5 information mismatch

Stelo

Link Posted 11/03/2013 - 10:34
Hi all,
have a K5 who's giving me a headache... When taking a photo I can have the info in viewfinder that it's using 1/100 sec f5,6 (as example) and the picture get overexposed. On LCD-screen it sais 1/400sec f6,8, I transfer those settings to manual mode and the picture is correct... It's not wrong all the time but in certain light conditions it get like this. Looking in the manual I can't find any info about this so is there anyone who knows what is wrong or is it just a way to test the users skill?

johnriley

Link Posted 11/03/2013 - 10:53
Have you inadvertently set exposure compensation?
Best regards, John

wvbarnes

Link Posted 11/03/2013 - 11:01
Depending on if you have spot, centre or matrix metering selected it may well be that you've metered a slightly different part of the target image moving from eye to viewing top LCD or indeed back screen if playing with Live View unless on a tripod.

Helpful

Stelo

Link Posted 11/03/2013 - 11:52
Thanks for fast replies!
No, the compensation is on 0, although I have tried different settings without any luck. I'm always using spot metering so I will try with the other types, the metering is done on tripod.

johnriley

Link Posted 11/03/2013 - 12:19
Spot metering is likely the problem. Try using centre-weighted and you should find the exposures are more reliable.
Best regards, John

Helpful

Stelo

Link Posted 11/03/2013 - 22:02
johnriley wrote:
Spot metering is likely the problem. Try using centre-weighted and you should find the exposures are more reliable.

Thank you both for your help, it was the spot metering that was the problem for me - I also realized that the instruction manual can be really interesting reading...
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.