Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

K5 II - £100 Extra part-exchange!

wasleys
Posted 09/01/2013 - 21:13 Link
Chris@SRSWATFORD wrote:
If you send me a PM I'll check this out.

Chris,

Thanks for prompt response.

PM sent.
bettyswolloks
Posted 09/01/2013 - 22:06 Link
Chris@SRSWATFORD wrote:
wasleys wrote:
Having bought a K-5II before Christmas on the understanding that the trade-in deal ended on December 31 I am, like others, somewhat disenchanted that it has continued with a price reduction. Still, I suppose that's the luck of the draw.

if Chris is still following this thread he might care to comment not only about that but about the fact that emails I sent on December 19 and January 6 seeking confirmation that the trade-in had been received and asking about arrangements for repayment haven't been answered.

It was always our intention to finish the K5II trade-in offer at the end of December. On January 2nd, we were given the opportunity to continue this promotion and we chose to take it. I am sorry if people feel misled, this was not our intention. Maybe I should have stopped the offer, but it has allowed more people to gain from it, so from that point of view, I feel it has been beneficial to allow it to continue.

As for the price, stock has been purchased at a slightly lower price hence the price reduction. I am dammed if I do and dammed if I don't! I like to pass on reductions and be as competitive as possible, but this will always offend people who have just purchased product. There is nothing I can do about this. Maybe If I put up prices sometimes, then this would please people more....!!

Regarding your emails; we answer all received emails within 24 hours (actually quite a bit quicker if we can!)

If you send me a PM I'll check this out. As of 5.30 this evening, all part-exchanges (including the ones that came back to us today) have been processed

You pays ya money and take the chance! I paid top wack for mine and am still a happy camper
If your watching the penny's then give it a year or two and you'll be ok, but if you want the latest and greatest ASAP........
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
cabstar
Posted 09/01/2013 - 22:26 Link
If the offer didnt end on 31st Dec I still wouldn't have a mkii so it's thanks from me, I was happy with my deal and trade in. My grr wasn't meant to be insulting merely tongue in cheek, these things happen in the consumer world.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Pheo
Posted 09/01/2013 - 22:42 Link
Any general thoughts on chopping in a nearly new K30 for a K5? More happy with my K-01 output at the moment than that of the K-30, but £425 is a massive chunk of change.

Anyone got any thoughts?
Pentaxonian
Posted 09/01/2013 - 22:46 Link
Agree with above to an extent ... those of use who like to the the latest, know we are paying top wack and expect the price to drop, but to drop so soon is disappointing for early adopters (great for those who are dithering to get one)

If my K5iis was not so amazing, I would be crossed!
K5iis and a couple of lenses.
bettyswolloks
Posted 10/01/2013 - 09:20 Link
Pentaxonian wrote:

If my K5iis was not so amazing, I would be crossed!

I'd of spat my dummy out so far it'd be in orbit
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
col55555ine
Posted 22/01/2013 - 14:47 Link
Is this deal still on?
k-5 IIs, Pentax 60-250, 17-70, 100macro WR, 50mm F2,
AF50 F1.4, Siggy 10-20, Siggy 100-300 F4, ..Pentax Af 160 ring flash
carmagw
Posted 22/01/2013 - 15:01 Link
col55555ine wrote:
Is this deal still on?

Its still on the website. I thought it was continuing till the end of the month.

Regards

George
Posted 22/01/2013 - 15:05 Link
Yeah... see chris is online but looks like he is to busy to answer...
i would phone them...
Gwyn
Posted 22/01/2013 - 15:59 Link
He is busy, but will reply asap. We've been conversing by PM over the last few days. The offer is still on.

If you are in the UK phone SRS. All the staff are excellent, so it doesn't matter too much if you don't get to speak to Chris.
Chris@SRSWATFORD
Posted 22/01/2013 - 16:27 Link
The offer is definitely finishing on the 31st January...

col55555ine wrote:
Is this deal still on?

PM replied to.
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook
col55555ine
Posted 22/01/2013 - 16:42 Link
"Chris@SRSWATFORD"]The offer is definitely finishing on the 31st January .........................

Thank You Chris
k-5 IIs, Pentax 60-250, 17-70, 100macro WR, 50mm F2,
AF50 F1.4, Siggy 10-20, Siggy 100-300 F4, ..Pentax Af 160 ring flash
Edited by col55555ine: 22/01/2013 - 16:43
Spaceman_Spiff
Posted 24/01/2013 - 23:37 Link
All I can say about SRS is that they are a fantastic and very helpful bunch, and more power to their collective elbows!

If the hundred quid offer had not been extended I would not now be gloating over a lovely new K5ii body for the nett sum of £629, which has to be the bargain of the decade. And yes, I mentioned my membership here and received free delivery - they even arranged free pick up of my trade in *cough* camera (via the local charity shop for two quid...) I call that going above and beyond, and I'm happy to recommend them any time.

Regarding the extension of the offer it's great that it has been such a success in helping even more of us access great Pentax kit. And it's the same with anything in life - prices can go down as well as up. It's a risk we sign up to whenever we make a purchase, be it a loaf of bread, a camera or a house! Question is, were we happy about the price on the day of purchase? If the answer is yes, that's all that counts.
Better equipment enhances my ability to display my shortcomings.
Mike-P
Posted 25/01/2013 - 07:35 Link
Spaceman_Spiff wrote:

Regarding the extension of the offer it's great that it has been such a success in helping even more of us access great Pentax kit. And it's the same with anything in life - prices can go down as well as up. It's a risk we sign up to whenever we make a purchase, be it a loaf of bread, a camera or a house! Question is, were we happy about the price on the day of purchase? If the answer is yes, that's all that counts.

Indeed ... as an early buyer of the original K-5 who has seen it virtually half in price since I got it I have to say I more than happy with the use I have had from it the last 2 years. If you work it out the cost is around 0.70p a day ... not even the price of a coffee.

Mine will be on it's way to Chris today and a MKII will be hopefully with me next week .. worth the extra to me just for the new 2 year warranty as it will possibly be my last Pentax camera.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.