K5 II - 100 Extra part-exchange!


cabstar

Link Posted 06/01/2013 - 20:52
woodworm wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="cabstar"]Wonder how much trade in a new mkii would be against a mkiis lol...

Still not sure grrrrr, still bitten the bullet now...
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

Mike-P

Link Posted 06/01/2013 - 21:14
I'm sure you could change your mind, especially if you just send it back unused and ask for the IIs
. My Flickr

bettyswolloks

Link Posted 06/01/2013 - 21:34
You know its gunna eat away at you

cabstar

Link Posted 06/01/2013 - 23:05
It will I know, hopefully it will arrive on Tuesday, SRS tried to call me late yesterday but I missed the call, hopefully they received my old k-5 yesterday...
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

bettyswolloks

Link Posted 06/01/2013 - 23:08
cabstar wrote:
It will I know, hopefully it will arrive on Tuesday, SRS tried to call me late yesterday but I missed the call, hopefully they received my old k-5 yesterday...

I'm only messin Mate, I'm pretty sure that for 99% of the time you wouldn't notice a difference.

dpm

Link Posted 09/01/2013 - 08:07
is that another 25 I spy off the body price?

JohnX

Link Posted 09/01/2013 - 16:05
dpm wrote:
is that another 25 I spy off the body price?

Yes -

cabstar

Link Posted 09/01/2013 - 18:54
Yes grrrrr.

Still mine arrived today and I am we'll impressed with the low light focus, it actually just works, no hunting no back n forth, just locks on, excellent.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

Pentaxonian

Link Posted 09/01/2013 - 19:18
Indeed Grrr ... especially when told deal is until 31st Dec, then extended and now lower price!

Still happy with the K5iis though
K5iis and a couple of lenses.

Mike-P

Link Posted 09/01/2013 - 19:23
cabstar wrote:
Yes grrrrr.

Still mine arrived today and I am we'll impressed with the low light focus, it actually just works, no hunting no back n forth, just locks on, excellent.

Normal light focus any better?
. My Flickr

JohnX

Link Posted 09/01/2013 - 19:26
I'll go along with 'Grrr' as well, especially as I didn't order my K5II until 31st December, having been told very specifically by SRS sales that the 100 trade-in deal would stop then.
Last Edited by JohnX on 09/01/2013 - 19:26

SteveEveritt

Link Posted 09/01/2013 - 19:28
I'm going to add my grr to it too! It was also strongly hinted that the deal would end EOM.
My Flickr link

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)

cabstar

Link Posted 09/01/2013 - 20:12
Mike-P wrote:
cabstar wrote:
Yes grrrrr.

Still mine arrived today and I am we'll impressed with the low light focus, it actually just works, no hunting no back n forth, just locks on, excellent.

Normal light focus any better?

First impressions yes, I am going to give them both a run through tomorrow, just playing with the mkii at work tonight, have done some street portraits under street lying and no focus problems so far, I am more and more impressed with the low lit focus.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

wasleys

Link Posted 09/01/2013 - 20:23
Having bought a K-5II before Christmas on the understanding that the trade-in deal ended on December 31 I am, like others, somewhat disenchanted that it has continued with a price reduction. Still, I suppose that's the luck of the draw.

if Chris is still following this thread he might care to comment not only about that but about the fact that emails I sent on December 19 and January 6 seeking confirmation that the trade-in had been received and asking about arrangements for repayment haven't been answered.

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 09/01/2013 - 20:40
wasleys wrote:
Having bought a K-5II before Christmas on the understanding that the trade-in deal ended on December 31 I am, like others, somewhat disenchanted that it has continued with a price reduction. Still, I suppose that's the luck of the draw.

if Chris is still following this thread he might care to comment not only about that but about the fact that emails I sent on December 19 and January 6 seeking confirmation that the trade-in had been received and asking about arrangements for repayment haven't been answered.

It was always our intention to finish the K5II trade-in offer at the end of December. On January 2nd, we were given the opportunity to continue this promotion and we chose to take it. I am sorry if people feel misled, this was not our intention. Maybe I should have stopped the offer, but it has allowed more people to gain from it, so from that point of view, I feel it has been beneficial to allow it to continue.

As for the price, stock has been purchased at a slightly lower price hence the price reduction. I am dammed if I do and dammed if I don't! I like to pass on reductions and be as competitive as possible, but this will always offend people who have just purchased product. There is nothing I can do about this. Maybe If I put up prices sometimes, then this would please people more....!!

Regarding your emails; we answer all received emails within 24 hours (actually quite a bit quicker if we can!)

If you send me a PM I'll check this out. As of 5.30 this evening, all part-exchanges (including the ones that came back to us today) have been processed
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.