K5 Arrived!
Posted 22/10/2010 - 19:00
Link
No Problem Stefan But I can't tell you about the fps because I have put the battery back on charge
Posted 22/10/2010 - 19:23
Link
hmmm that's not so great... seems pentax didn't make a good move by not upgrading the memory or the processor
Does the K5 still has two continues shooting speeds?
I believe with the K7 you had the option of 3fps.
Does the K5 still has two continues shooting speeds?
I believe with the K7 you had the option of 3fps.
Posted 23/10/2010 - 00:52
Link
ISO wrote:
But all the same - OMG OMG it's so much faster then the K20D I am blown away already. Just took a few indoor snaps with my 50mm 1.4 and even pointing into a dark corner and inducing 3600iso click bang and can't see the noise.
Excellent. This is what I want to hear!!!But all the same - OMG OMG it's so much faster then the K20D I am blown away already. Just took a few indoor snaps with my 50mm 1.4 and even pointing into a dark corner and inducing 3600iso click bang and can't see the noise.
You're not doing my potential cash flow any good.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 23/10/2010 - 03:14
Link
It's all good news apart from the buffer capacity limitations at high ISO and that's a very minor issue in real terms.
Do I recall comments in the past of "don't need machine gun mode or high ISO - low noise when some people were asking for it?
For all who have and will get the K5, enjoy and welcome to the slightly greener grass.
Best regards
Do I recall comments in the past of "don't need machine gun mode or high ISO - low noise when some people were asking for it?
For all who have and will get the K5, enjoy and welcome to the slightly greener grass.
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 23/10/2010 - 10:27
Link
Sounds very positive so far look forward to seeing some photos from you all enjoy the new toy.
Ian
Ian
Posted 23/10/2010 - 10:53
Link
Sounds like the K5 is an awesome beast. You should all go and buy one, then maybe the second-hand market will be flooded with K20D and K7's. A nice K20D will do me fine.
Regards
Regards
Sam-Joseph
Pentax K7, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 APO EX, Sigma 70-300 APO, Sigma 1.4x TC, Vivitar 2x TC. Takumar 135mm f2.5, SMC Pentax A 50mm 1:1.7, SMC Pentax -M 1:4 200mm, Pentax X70
Pentax K7, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 APO EX, Sigma 70-300 APO, Sigma 1.4x TC, Vivitar 2x TC. Takumar 135mm f2.5, SMC Pentax A 50mm 1:1.7, SMC Pentax -M 1:4 200mm, Pentax X70
Posted 23/10/2010 - 11:27
Link
Mine is sitting in a postal distribution centre somewhere in the Netherlands.
Posted 23/10/2010 - 12:47
Link
K10D wrote:
Do I recall comments in the past of "don't need machine gun mode or high ISO - low noise when some people were asking for it?
But needing is something else than wanting
Do I recall comments in the past of "don't need machine gun mode or high ISO - low noise when some people were asking for it?
Posted 23/10/2010 - 12:49
Link
Anvh wrote:
True!K10D wrote:
Do I recall comments in the past of "don't need machine gun mode or high ISO - low noise when some people were asking for it?
But needing is something else than wanting Do I recall comments in the past of "don't need machine gun mode or high ISO - low noise when some people were asking for it?
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 23/10/2010 - 23:38
Link
In the other K-5 thread (now locked) I was asked about the noise above ISO 3200, these shots were taken with ISO 12800, the first is the full image with no post processing other than re-sized for the web.
K-5 DA35mm Limited at f8 1/20 ISO12800 (handheld)

100% Crop

Download Original DNG (around 26MB)
K-5 DA35mm Limited at f8 1/20 ISO12800 (handheld)

100% Crop

Download Original DNG (around 26MB)
Posted 23/10/2010 - 23:49
Link
I've heard the ISO on the sensor will go up to ISO1600 and then was for the rest pushed by the camera.
I wonder what the difference will be in a ISO12800 and a ISO1600 shots pushed in post processing.
I wonder what the difference will be in a ISO12800 and a ISO1600 shots pushed in post processing.
Posted 24/10/2010 - 01:17
Link
this looks great cant wait to see more now, was noise reduction on are these raw or jpegs.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.




10412 posts
18 years
Dordrecht,
the Netherlands
Bug**er just put it in the body and it works but will put it back to finish chargingStefan
can't see the noise.
How does 7 FPS sounds
K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ