K3iii Battery Charging

davidwozhere

Link Posted 29/01/2022 - 01:46
The standard chargers sold for the K5, K3 and K1 are just fine, as are the 3rd party batteries (they all have different capacities, but so what?). I have 6 batteries on the go for three cameras and I rotate them. Put em on charge at breakfast, they're done by lunchtime. Now and again it is well to clean both the tips of the charger terminals and the battery terminals due to build-up of micro muck. I use a pencil eraser on them.
As to brands, Maximafoto and Energiser have been going well for several years now.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

PRYorkshire

Link Posted 29/01/2022 - 11:22
davidwozhere wrote:
The standard chargers sold for the K5, K3 and K1 are just fine, as are the 3rd party batteries (they all have different capacities, but so what?). I have 6 batteries on the go for three cameras and I rotate them. Put em on charge at breakfast, they're done by lunchtime. Now and again it is well to clean both the tips of the charger terminals and the battery terminals due to build-up of micro muck. I use a pencil eraser on them.
As to brands, Maximafoto and Energiser have been going well for several years now.

Thanks David. Taking everyone's advice I've ordered 2 third party batteries and will get a Pentax USB charger.
Paul

K1000, Espio 140, ist, istD, K70, K3iii and numerous lenses, just don't tell my wife.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.