Speed SD memory cards

GrumpyGrandPa

Link Posted 12/02/2022 - 12:14
What's the best SD card to get to use in my K-S2 pls? I have a selection of Samsung and SanDisk already inc some with a write speed of 95mb/s, CLASS 10 and U3 from earlier cameras.
Does it make any difference if it is a microSD card in a full sized holder?
Grumpy GrandPa, Recently Retired.
Gotta K-3 iii now, had a K-S2 and so suffering from a relapse and buying digital camera kit.
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 40 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more

MHOL190246

Link Posted 12/02/2022 - 15:42
Other forum members may disagree, but I would think that the SDHC cards that you currently have would do the job. On the question of micro SD cards, they are not recommended for DSLR cameras. If you Google Pentax KS 2 there is a useful Q & A page on the Ricoh website

Michael

Helpful

stub

Link Posted 14/02/2022 - 07:09
Agree with the points made by Michael.. It's more to do with the transfer speed from the camera. Then just get a matching card.
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 14/02/2022 - 11:49
I find that 90MB/s writes quickly enough in my K-3 so I'd recommend that as a minimum.

My understanding is that micro SD cards are less reliable than their full-sized counterparts due to the reduced size, but I've never had a card of either format fail on me. I avoid them for my cameras though and stick to reliable retailers selling well-known brands of full-sized SD cards, even though my local supermarket no longer stocks them, only the micros.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

Helpful

Mike-P

Link Posted 15/02/2022 - 10:22
Your current cards will be fine, apart from the K3 (3) I don't think any Pentax cameras take advantage of the faster card technology.
. My Flickr

Helpful
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.