K3ii
Posted 03/07/2017 - 13:25
Link
From the K-1 product page, K3ii will be the same:
The K-1’s GPS Log function automatically keeps track of the photographer's movement at fixed intervals. By loading a log file on your computer, you can trace the route you have travelled using a mapping application such as Google Earth™
Obviously it has to be switched on for this to work! The difference seems to be the switch on the K3ii is a press switch, on the K-1 its a slide switch so less likely to get turned on accidentally.
The K-1’s GPS Log function automatically keeps track of the photographer's movement at fixed intervals. By loading a log file on your computer, you can trace the route you have travelled using a mapping application such as Google Earth™
Obviously it has to be switched on for this to work! The difference seems to be the switch on the K3ii is a press switch, on the K-1 its a slide switch so less likely to get turned on accidentally.
John K
Posted 03/07/2017 - 16:16
Link
The gps is only on when the K1 is switched on.
Posted 03/07/2017 - 17:19
Link
At least they are learning from the GPS on the k3ii then if it's different on the k1
Posted 03/07/2017 - 17:24
Link
JAK wrote:
From the K-1 product page, K3ii will be the same:
The K-1’s GPS Log function automatically keeps track of the photographer's movement at fixed intervals. By loading a log file on your computer, you can trace the route you have travelled using a mapping application such as Google Earth™
Obviously it has to be switched on for this to work! The difference seems to be the switch on the K3ii is a press switch, on the K-1 its a slide switch so less likely to get turned on accidentally.
I didn't even notice that the GPS switch is a slidey one on the K-1, whoops.
From the K-1 product page, K3ii will be the same:
The K-1’s GPS Log function automatically keeps track of the photographer's movement at fixed intervals. By loading a log file on your computer, you can trace the route you have travelled using a mapping application such as Google Earth™
Obviously it has to be switched on for this to work! The difference seems to be the switch on the K3ii is a press switch, on the K-1 its a slide switch so less likely to get turned on accidentally.
All the gear with no idea
Posted 03/07/2017 - 17:35
Link
I didn't even notice that the GPS switch is a slidey one on the K-1, whoops.[/quote] There you go learnt something new
Posted 03/07/2017 - 18:10
Link
HarisF1 wrote:
didn't even notice that the GPS switch is a slidey one on the K-1, whoops.
Just physically tried it, while it looks like a slidey switch it still has to be pressed! Apologies.
didn't even notice that the GPS switch is a slidey one on the K-1, whoops.
John K
Posted 03/07/2017 - 19:59
Link
Have you switched it off John or you will have a flat battery:
Posted 03/07/2017 - 23:02
Link
JAK wrote:
Shows how much we use the feature
HarisF1 wrote:
didn't even notice that the GPS switch is a slidey one on the K-1, whoops.
Just physically tried it, while it looks like a slidey switch it still has to be pressed! Apologies.didn't even notice that the GPS switch is a slidey one on the K-1, whoops.
All the gear with no idea
Posted 04/07/2017 - 02:17
Link
I just pressed that GPS button for fun - it makes a super noise! Dunno what I'd use it for as I normally know exactly where I am.
Posted 04/07/2017 - 07:43
Link
Having the GPS location info was fantastic on my recent New Zealand trip. 4500 photos taken and I will always know where and even what direction I was facing (and the altitude too!) Makes it a breeze to work out what mountains were in the shots I was taking as well as there were no locals around to ask.
K3iii, K3ii, K-5, K-x, DA150-450mm, DA16-85WR, DA16-45, DA18-55WR, DA18-135WR, DA35 F2.4, M100mm F4 Macro, DA55-300mm, FA50mm 1.4, AF360 Flash, AF540 Flash
Posted 04/07/2017 - 09:01
Link
Didn't know this could happen I've never noticed it, I'll try mine later. I never take my camera anywhere without a spare battery, even if fully charged.
Maybe it's a consequence of working in IT, I'm used to seeing 'reliable' technology spontaneously break.
Maybe it's a consequence of working in IT, I'm used to seeing 'reliable' technology spontaneously break.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1925 posts
9 years