K30 Update

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 28/12/2012 - 10:20
Hi everyone,

I just thought it would be wise to update everybody on the K30.

I've been informed by Pentax that the price of the K30 will be increasing on January 2nd back to previous levels.

Cashback is still running until January 15th.

This is the latest information I have. Occasionally suppliers decide not to implement price changes at the last minute, but I thought it would be wise to let everyone know, in case anyone is contemplating a purchase.

Many thanks!

Chris
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook

Mike-P

Link Posted 28/12/2012 - 10:44
I can understand the cash back finishing but increasing the price as well seems a bit daft.

Saying that most of what Pentax does rarely makes sense to me.
. My Flickr

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 28/12/2012 - 10:47
I'm hoping it won't happen Mike, but I thought it would be wise to mention it just in case....
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook

DaveHolmes

Link Posted 28/12/2012 - 12:36
It's almost as if Pentax don't care if they sell cameras or not...
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/

CMW

Link Posted 28/12/2012 - 12:41
DaveHolmes wrote:
It's almost as if Pentax don't care if they sell cameras or not...

Anyone can sell a camera. That's comparatively easy. Selling it at a profit is trickier.
Regards, Christopher

ChristopherWheelerPhotography

DonaldM

Link Posted 28/12/2012 - 14:19
Its been a superb offer and Pentax are to be commended in my opinion for dropping the price in the first place. I take it SRS will have sold one or two - are you allowed to share how many have been sold since the price drop ?

techno-terminator

Link Posted 29/12/2012 - 09:25
Well - that's torn it

A black K30 with 18-55WR will be winging its way to me after the New Year
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

Papa_Lazarou

Link Posted 29/12/2012 - 11:01
I'm torn between the K-30 and K-5 at the moment. Leaning towards the latter TBH.
My Flickr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/philnmorgan/

techno-terminator

Link Posted 29/12/2012 - 11:30
I've small paws - so the size of the K30 wins - I'm told it's almost identical to the K-x .

This year's rain has really irritated me so moving to the weatherproofed one makes sense - otherwise I would not have changed the K-x
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

wvbarnes

Link Posted 29/12/2012 - 12:05
Thanks Chris.

My son Adam bought one just in time then (K30 body). A bargain with the cash back. It's a late Christmas present for a pro friend who lugs a 5D MkII around but wants a day to day camera for personal use. My money is on him wanting a K5 next once he realises how good the Pentax's are. Weather proofing and a real pentaprism for 319 AMAZING!

Any news on the planned 10 - 30 DA WR lens?

johnriley

Link Posted 29/12/2012 - 12:05
Many thanks to Chris for giving us the advance warning of a possible price rise, much appreciated.

Sadly, all offers do eventually end!
Best regards, John

Blincodave

Link Posted 29/12/2012 - 18:32
Well it clearly was not selling at all well until the price was dropped. The price drop may well have raised public perception of the K-30s qualities but will it sell if it returns to the previous price?

cabstar

Link Posted 29/12/2012 - 19:33
Makes sense given the high rankings in the end of year reviews. At the current price its been a right steal...
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

sbrads

Link Posted 31/12/2012 - 10:25
Pentax might sell a few extra lenses now they've given away a load of K-30s to new users.

Joe90

Link Posted 03/01/2013 - 11:55
Chris@SRSWATFORD wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just thought it would be wise to update everybody on the K30.

I've been informed by Pentax that the price of the K30 will be increasing on January 2nd back to previous levels.

Cashback is still running until January 15th.

This is the latest information I have. Occasionally suppliers decide not to implement price changes at the last minute, but I thought it would be wise to let everyone know, in case anyone is contemplating a purchase.

Many thanks!

Chris

Price increase for k30 now taken place: 529 Body and 18-55mm WR lens and 459 for body.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.