K20D LCD screen difficult to read outdoors (compared to K10D) - GGS Protector?

Mateus

Link Posted 27/04/2012 - 09:30
Morning All,

While I'm very happy with my upgrade from K10D to K20D, one thing that annoys me is the LCD screen seems worse outdoors than the K10D's.

The LCD screen washes out very easily making it difficult to review shots. The screen has a GGS Screen Protector on it (attached by the previous owner) and I'm wondering if this is partly to blame.

I don't find any previous forum posts on the matter. Any advice welcome.

Cheers,
Matt
Flickr/matt_parry

woodworm

Link Posted 27/04/2012 - 09:39
I have K10D and GX20 and don't see any difference between the two screens, though neither of them are great if bright sunshine. The K10D has a screen protector on it (the film type) and the GX20 doesn't have anything on it.

Take the screen protector off and see if it's any better? The screens are tough anyway and don't really need additional protecting ...

gartmore

Link Posted 27/04/2012 - 10:11
You can adjust the screen brightness in the menus. Mine has always been on the default setting but perhaps your previous owner has changed it.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Last Edited by gartmore on 27/04/2012 - 10:12

steloz

Link Posted 27/04/2012 - 19:28
I have a K20D with a GGS Screen protector on it and hasn't made any differance to the quality
K-3. K20D, Pentax 18-55mm AL II, Pentax DA 16-45 Pentax FA 50 F1.4, Pentax 18-135 wr, Pentax-AF 80-200, Pentax DA 55-300, DA 10-17, Metz 48

womble

Link Posted 27/04/2012 - 22:42
I wish I'd put a screen protector on my K20D as I had my K10D. Something in my camera bag was rubbing against the screen one time, and I now have an annoying and quite major mark on the screen which will undoubtedly impact resale value

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

davem

Link Posted 27/04/2012 - 22:45
which is why I asked about screen protectors in a previous post. I felt that some of the comments at the time were a little harsh.

I have a glass screen protector on my camera now and feel very happy.

Dave
Last Edited by davem on 27/04/2012 - 22:50

womble

Link Posted 27/04/2012 - 22:48
My K10D just had one of those sticky see-through plastic sheets on it. When it gets mucky, just peel it off and stick on another. When I get around to replacing the K20D, the second thing I'll do is put one of those on. (The first is fit a katzeye focusing screen.)

I didn't see your previous post, davem, or I would have said something!

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.