where can I clean up the camera lens (16-50)

Hello76Barbara

Link Posted 24/04/2012 - 21:52
My camera lens dropped into the river. Who knows the right place and the cost to clean up the camera lends in London? Thanks.

johnriley

Link Posted 24/04/2012 - 21:57
Welcome to Pentax User, sorry to hear about your disaster.

Cameras/Lenses and water do not mix very well and it may already be too late for your lens. The only thing worse than the river would have been salt water...

If you can make an insurance claim then that is the way to go.
Best regards, John

Hello76Barbara

Link Posted 24/04/2012 - 22:23
johnriley wrote:
Welcome to Pentax User, sorry to hear about your disaster.

Cameras/Lenses and water do not mix very well and it may already be too late for your lens. The only thing worse than the river would have been salt water...

If you can make an insurance claim then that is the way to go.

Thank you. In fact, cameras and lenses work very well now. However there are some water stains in lens. so I want to clean up.

Hello76Barbara

Link Posted 24/04/2012 - 23:10

Hello76Barbara

Link Posted 24/04/2012 - 23:10

johnriley

Link Posted 24/04/2012 - 23:54
Interesting, the trouble may come yet as parts inside the lens rust. Water damage needs very urgent attention to have a chance of success. It's possible that the weather resistant nature of the lens may have helped though.

JPS are the offocial Pentax repair house, so I would contact them ASAP. The contact details are on the UK Pentax website.
Best regards, John

doingthebobs

Link Posted 24/04/2012 - 23:56
Johnsons Photopia link are Pentax's repair contractor aren't they?
Bob

johnriley

Link Posted 25/04/2012 - 00:01
That's JPS. I forgot to mention that being a PU Plus member will enable you to download a form from this site to get 20% discount on Pentax servicing.
Best regards, John

Hello76Barbara

Link Posted 27/04/2012 - 22:30
johnriley wrote:
That's JPS. I forgot to mention that being a PU Plus member will enable you to download a form from this site to get 20% discount on Pentax servicing.

Hi John,

Many thanks for your mention. Where can I download this form from to get this discount? if possible, can you give me a link for it. Thanks.

womble

Link Posted 27/04/2012 - 22:39
Alternatively you could try Alan Marlow. He has done a few repairs for me, and is certainly considerably faster than JPS. Perhaps worth getting a quote from both of them?

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.