Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

K10D Info

Chris@SRSWATFORD
Posted 19/12/2006 - 16:00 Link
Pwynnej wrote:
Chris@SRSWATFORD wrote:
We can still supply bodies!

So I guess there will be a SALE on in the New Year for the unwanted 18-55s

I didn't buy many 18-55's in with the cameras, so have very little stock left!

Chris
fatspider
Posted 19/12/2006 - 16:06 Link
Quote:
So I guess there will be a SALE on in the New Year for the unwanted 18-55s

We wish.......

Phoned SRS today, they have my number and promised* to call me back tommorow, looks like I'm going to have to wait for the "Bigma" tho' as they dont have it in stock, oh well at least I may yet get to play with a K10D on Xmas Day!

*I think it was a promise ....I hope it was a promise ......it had better have been a promise ...but what if it wasn't
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
spirit_of_will
Posted 19/12/2006 - 16:57 Link
Just been in to Watford collect mine

All Chris' stock appear to already have the batteries fully charged which is a major bonus. Going to have a quick play with it before the missus get's home from work and it gets whisked away to be wrapped!!!

Chris - thanks so much for that chat and all your help, very much appreciated!

Cheers!

Will
Spirit_of_will

Fan and user of quality Pentax Shiny Kit

WEBSITE www.willbartonphotography.com & www.inspiredlightimages.com

Will Barton Photography: Landscapes, Cityscapes
My Flickr
Follow Will Barton Photography on Facebook
spirit_of_will
Posted 19/12/2006 - 17:06 Link
[Phoned SRS today, they have my number and promised* to call me back tommorow, looks like I'm going to have to wait for the "Bigma" tho' as they dont have it in stock, oh well at least I may yet get to play with a K10D on Xmas Day!

*I think it was a promise ....I hope it was a promise ......it had better have been a promise ...but what if it wasn't [/quote]

Spider... so you took the plunge eh? Sound decision making...

I'm so lucky that SRS are just down the road - I hadn't had a look or a play with any of the DA lenses before. Was able to have a good look at a few of them (21mm / 40mm & 16-45), those DA Ltd's are gorgeous bits of engineering... Managed to resist denting my plastic any further so will see how the K10D get's on with my Sigma EX's and Ltd's...
Spirit_of_will

My Flickr
Taliety
Posted 19/12/2006 - 17:36 Link
I'm sitting here working away, hoping to be interrupted by a call, but nothing so far. I shall be on tenterhooks tomorrow.

Quote:
impotentspider wrote:
*I think it was a promise ....I hope it was a promise ......it had better have been a promise ...but what if it wasn't

I know how you feel, but I have at least paid a deposit, so
*I'm sure it was a promise

I was quite a late entry, so I guess I'll just have to be patient
Cheers

Malcolm

Life? Don't talk to me about life!
Reuben0
Posted 20/12/2006 - 09:43 Link
spirit_of_will wrote:

Was able to have a good look at a few of them (21mm / 40mm & 16-45), those DA Ltd's are gorgeous bits of engineering...

I bought the 21mm with mine and as you say it's gorgeous engineering

[Having played with it for a couple of days though, I have to say that I much prefer the optical characteristics of the old FA limiteds.]

Chris was trying to tempt me with the A50/1.2, but I stayed firm (well actually I was tempting myself)

I was going to buy the grip, but it makes the camera a bit too big for my small hands.

Cheers,
Reuben0
fatspider
Posted 20/12/2006 - 13:42 Link
Quote:
Spider... so you took the plunge eh? Sound decision making...

Yes Spirit, I took the plunge, and got a call today from a nice man, a very very nice man (no not the AA)* from Chris at SRS, it seems they were able to get me a "Bigma" after all, hopefully I will get 100% confirmation tomorrow and delvery for Xmas.
And Chris had matched Warehouse Express price on the Bigma, you cant get fairer than that.

To ALL users of this forum, Get your K10D from SRS, they're brill!

*apologies to non-uk users, you wont get the pun.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Taliety
Posted 20/12/2006 - 18:53 Link
Watford isn't really that bad, I suppose, just mind the speed cameras. Got mine today, still playing with it, before venturing out. My battery looks to be fully charged, maybe that's why the delay, how considerate of Pentax!

The menu system isn't very different to the Optio S5n and 750z, only more functions, loads of them . But it is good that they follow a familiar theme.

Off to play some more.
Cheers

Malcolm

Life? Don't talk to me about life!
fatspider
Posted 22/12/2006 - 16:59 Link
Just got home from Xmas shopping and walked across to the neighbours, I held my breath as I waited for them to answer the door.......

YIPPEEEEEEEE! my K10D had arrived, unfortunately its now ensconced within several layers of xmas wrapping paper so I have to wait TWO whole days before I get my grubby paws on it.

So, big thanks to;

City Link for speedy courier services
My Neighbour for accepting the parcel
And lets not forget Chris at SRS for superb service

Now all I need is for Santa to get his finger out and get here as quickly as possible!
My PPG link
My Flckr link
spirit_of_will
Posted 22/12/2006 - 17:28 Link
I'm in the same boat Spider... it's going to be a long wait...
Rather cheekily, Santa here has managed to wrap the grip and 2 memory cards that I bought myself! Bloody liberties...........
Spirit_of_will

My Flickr
johnriley
Posted 22/12/2006 - 18:09 Link
Happy to report that our his 'n hers K10D cameras have arrived and Sue will be bringing them home from work tonight....The bad news is she is working till 11pm...

It looks like everyone is getting a long lesson in being patient!

Had a look at a friend's K10D last night though, and it's very nice, so the wait will definitely be worth it. The Canon and Nikon users were also very impressed.
Best regards, John
meirion
Posted 22/12/2006 - 21:47 Link
mine arrived. The user manual is like war and peace and being a first time digital user I'll have to read it rather than risk trashing this beauty! Maybe see you all around Easter with some pics!
fatspider
Posted 22/12/2006 - 23:48 Link
I'm weak at the knees,
I cant sleep,
I dont want to eat
I have butterflies in my stomach.......

Ye Gods!, its like the anticipation of your very first date again.

Pull yourself together man!
(slaps himself round face and casts wistfull glances at the wrapped parcels under the xmas tree)
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.