Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

K10D in AP Mag

fatspider
Posted 04/11/2006 - 23:27 Link
dont know how many of you have seen this yet but this weeks AP has several dealers listing the K10D at around £750 with 18-55mm lens (£649.99 body only) no mention of a card with it tho'

Think I'll still wait till "Focus" and see if there are any better offers
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
johnriley
Posted 05/11/2006 - 00:50 Link
Lowest price in today's issue was £698.99 with the 18-55mm lens. There was also a Pentax advertisment for it as well.
Best regards, John
fatspider
Posted 05/11/2006 - 01:03 Link
tremendous!

dropped £50 in a week, and it isn't even on the shelves yet.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
figozz
Posted 06/11/2006 - 02:21 Link
I was offered this camera and 18-55 lens (pre-order) for £670 from Devon Camera Center about 3 weeks ago.

If you look around, perhaps you will find even better deals?

Unfortunately I did not pre-order the camera, as I have just bought a new car and the camera has had to go on hold for a bit, which might work in my favour also, as it may be even cheaper after the new year.
Point & Click Professional
jps
Posted 07/11/2006 - 16:03 Link
Warehouse Express have currently got it for £599, body only.

Jonathan
spirit_of_will
Posted 07/11/2006 - 16:37 Link
Hi All - just thought I'd let you know that I popped into SRS in Watford at lunchtime today to pick up a new toy and enquire properly about the K10D. Having always bought my Pentax cameras there and having had loads of issues with my original istD I've got to know the chaps in there pretty well.

I spoke to Chris who is always really helpful - he told me the following...

They currently have 100 K10D bodies/kits on order from Pentax, no date for delivery as yet.

They've already taken deposits / firm orders for 60+ which is the best pre-delivery order total that they've had for a camera... EVER! And that figure is likely to go up once the tests etc are run in AP next week.

Chris had had a play with a pre-release model about 2-3 months ago and couldn't enthuse about the performance and features enough.

Prices for the various kit that I enquired about:

Body = £599
Grip = £165
Battery = £45

So very tempted but I'm going to wait to see what all of you who've ordered one think before I take the plunge - biggest issue for me is going to be replacing all of the CF cards that I have...

Will
Spirit_of_will

Fan and user of quality Pentax Shiny Kit

WEBSITE www.willbartonphotography.com & www.inspiredlightimages.com

Will Barton Photography: Landscapes, Cityscapes
My Flickr
Follow Will Barton Photography on Facebook
Pwynnej
Posted 07/11/2006 - 16:39 Link
I will await the 16-50 DA* lenses before taking the plunge for the K10D,
maybe when the lenses arrive there may be some news from the PMA about the flagship camera
spirit_of_will
Posted 07/11/2006 - 16:48 Link
Again I asked if they'd heard anything about a possible K1D / flagship / Pro model and nothing, no news at all - but being a user of the 645nII they did tell me that the 645D was coming along well in development, looking at 30+ megapixels...
Spirit_of_will

Fan and user of quality Pentax Shiny Kit

WEBSITE www.willbartonphotography.com & www.inspiredlightimages.com

Will Barton Photography: Landscapes, Cityscapes
My Flickr
Follow Will Barton Photography on Facebook
Pwynnej
Posted 07/11/2006 - 18:04 Link
I will wait a while just in case.... if 'K1D' comes with 12+ MP I will go for that instead of K10D

I have a perfectly adequate pair of *ists (d and dL) that I am enjoying at the moment.
Daniel Bridge
Posted 07/11/2006 - 18:33 Link
For anyone in the Essex/East London area, the Essex Wildlife Trust Visitor Centre at Bedfords Park (http://www.essexwt.org.uk/centres/Bedfords.htm) near Romford is having a 10% Off 'Christmas Shopping' week at the beginning of December (3rd to 10th). What use is that? Well, we have an account with Intro2020, the distibuters of Pentax gear.

So, the K10D body only will be £584.10 (£649 - 10%) and the kit will be £674.10 (£749 -10%). However, as a charity, we can't afford to hold stock of these items, so they'll be to order only. Intro2020 have all their initial delivery of kits allocated to pre-orders already, but the last time I spoke to them they still had 'body only' available. Of course, we can order in lenses and other accessories too.

I'm saying 'we' as I work part-time for EWT as Assistant Centre Manager at Bedfords Park, but I can categorically say that I get no commission or bonus for making any sales, just the warm feeling that any profit the Centre makes is ploughed back into 'protecting wildlife for the future', both locally in Essex, and nationally via the Royal Society of Wildlife Trusts.

Contact details are on the web page listed above, so you'll know it's all above board if you ring or email direct there.

Cheers,
Dan
Ammonyte
Posted 10/11/2006 - 17:20 Link
Daniel Bridge wrote:
I'm saying 'we' as I work part-time for EWT as Assistant Centre Manager at Bedfords Park

Keep up the good work Dan!
Tim the Ammonyte
--------------
K10D & sundry toys
http://www.ammonyte.com/photos.html
Daniel Bridge
Posted 10/11/2006 - 17:31 Link
I'll do my best Tim!

You're not 'IT Guy' at BBOWT are you? Or just a supporter of the Wildlife Trusts?

Dan
Ammonyte
Posted 10/11/2006 - 17:45 Link
Just an RSPB member and a River Watcher for the Chiltern Society River and wetlands committee.
Tim the Ammonyte
--------------
K10D & sundry toys
http://www.ammonyte.com/photos.html
Daniel Bridge
Posted 10/11/2006 - 17:50 Link
Well done you! Although of course I'd advise swapping that expensive RSPB membership for a much better value Wildlife Trust one (or both, if you're feeling extra generous ) - if it's anything like Essex where you are, the WT will be doing far more at a local level for all kinds of wildlife.

Dan
lgray
Posted 13/11/2006 - 10:18 Link
Hi, I've just joined as a new member. I have pre-ordered the K10D, however, I was interested to read about the Samsung GX-10 and I was trying to find some pricing information on it. I have found one dealer (Hilton photographic) taking pre-orders for it. The price is £699 which includes two Schneider lenses, the 16-55 and 50-200. Seems as if there isn't such a big price difference between the two, except of course you are getting the additional lens !!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.