Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

K100D wont save date

Agentmarke
Posted 09/02/2012 - 20:26 Link
Hi
Wonder of anyone has experienced this before.
I've had the K100D for a year now without any problems.
Just recently when I turn on, the screen comes up with the screen for
setting the date/time. Never happened before.

I set the date/time but when turned off and on again it goes back to the
default date which is 2006.

I am setting correctly, ie pressing OK and not Menu.

Any ideas?
K-5, 31 1.8 Ltd, 77 1.8 Ltd, 55-300, Tamron 17-50, and other assorted acquisitions.
steven9761
Posted 09/02/2012 - 21:38 Link
I don't know if DSLR's have internal batteries similar to the battery that sits on your computer's mobo. The battery in your pc primarily controls the on-board clock, so that when you switch on, your pc's clock is pretty much accurate. If that's the case with a DSLR, I think you are in need of a new internal battery. Try contacting Pentax for further advice.
JAK
Posted 09/02/2012 - 23:16 Link
steven9761 wrote:
I don't know if DSLR's have internal batteries similar to the battery that sits on your computer's mobo.

Some makes certainly do but not Pentax.

How long an interval between turning off and back on again? The camera manual suggests that the time and date may get reset when you insert fresh batteries after a long while but that shouldn't happen after a short interval in the same shooting session though.

John
John K
Agentmarke
Posted 09/02/2012 - 23:22 Link
JAK wrote:
steven9761 wrote:
I don't know if DSLR's have internal batteries similar to the battery that sits on your computer's mobo.

Some makes certainly do but not Pentax.

How long an interval between turning off and back on again? The camera manual suggests that the time and date may get reset when you insert fresh batteries after a long while but that shouldn't happen after a short interval in the same shooting session though.

John

Thanks for comments guys. Yes it happens when you switch on and off after a short interval.
I guess its off to the repair shop!
K-5, 31 1.8 Ltd, 77 1.8 Ltd, 55-300, Tamron 17-50, and other assorted acquisitions.
Edited by Agentmarke: 09/02/2012 - 23:23

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.