K1 or K3ii


pgweber

Link Posted 08/04/2017 - 12:03
Perhaps SRS have cleared their 1599/1799 stock quicker than the competition and therefore have to apply the new price sooner?

Camerapricebuster showed two other dealers at the new price last night and surely others will follow.
Peter

Pentax K5
Pentax DA 18-55 Mk1, 50-200 (Samsung), 16-45, , 55-300, 35 f/2.4
Pentax MZ6 + FA28-90, FA50 f/1.4, M 50 f/1.7
Tamron 80-210mm & 28mm

cedricd

Link Posted 09/04/2017 - 09:32
Pushed the boat out yesterday and bought a couple of K1`s. Managed a bit of a deal with the supplier and with meagre pay-out from insurance it was about the same price as last week.
Enjoy life

edin_togger

Link Posted 09/04/2017 - 20:10
pgweber wrote:
Perhaps SRS have cleared their 1599/1799 stock quicker than the competition and therefore have to apply the new price sooner?

Camerapricebuster showed two other dealers at the new price last night and surely others will follow.

Probably right on that front, I've been surprised how long SRS have been able to offer the 1599 price almost every weekend actually.

cedricd wrote:
Pushed the boat out yesterday and bought a couple of K1`s. Managed a bit of a deal with the supplier and with meagre pay-out from insurance it was about the same price as last week.

Nice!!

cedricd

Link Posted 09/04/2017 - 21:11
MAK and I tried them out today. I must say that I really liked the K3 and it`s alround performance was pretty much up there. Same as the K5 which MAK used. Pentax have come of age with the K1 IMHO. Everything about it that I have found so far is quite different in a positive manner. Yes, even a crop using 15m is superior to the 24m of the K3.

Given that I have only just fitted a strap, set the date & time and had a quick poke around with focus points and I`m pretty impressed. Can`t wait to have a longer session with it in my hot sweaty hands.
Enjoy life

edin_togger

Link Posted 09/04/2017 - 22:00
cedricd wrote:
MAK and I tried them out today. I must say that I really liked the K3 and it`s alround performance was pretty much up there. Same as the K5 which MAK used. Pentax have come of age with the K1 IMHO. Everything about it that I have found so far is quite different in a positive manner. Yes, even a crop using 15m is superior to the 24m of the K3.

Given that I have only just fitted a strap, set the date & time and had a quick poke around with focus points and I`m pretty impressed. Can`t wait to have a longer session with it in my hot sweaty hands.

Its a great bit of kit, I've been pondering adding a KP to my kit but actually if I could get one at a decent price a second used K1 might be a better option, couple of primes on 2x K1's would be great!

edin_togger

Link Posted 16/04/2017 - 14:42
Noticed over the weekend that aside from the free grip offer theres been no cash off the K1 in any retailers Easter Sale, looks like the 2000 price is here to stay...

JohnX

Link Posted 16/04/2017 - 15:40
edin_togger wrote:
Noticed over the weekend that aside from the free grip offer theres been no cash off the K1 in any retailers Easter Sale, looks like the 2000 price is here to stay...

1800 on Amazon, but no free grip. The DA* 16-50 is 500. (Both prices rounded up a little!)
Last Edited by JohnX on 16/04/2017 - 15:43
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.