Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

K-r LCD Problem.

kancilpintar
Posted 24/08/2013 - 08:41 Link
Hey guys,

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section but I want to ask something regarding my camera. The LCD on my K-r suddenly has gone black (not showing anything), the camera still works fine, it can capture pictures and everything else, just the LCD is not working. I think this is just a minor problem, so if someone has any idea what to do with it or if I need to send it to repair, where do I need to send it to?

Cheers! =)
Kr - DA 35mm
JohnX
Posted 24/08/2013 - 09:45 Link
I'd start with a reset to factory settings just in case you've inadvertently disabled the display somehow (although I can't think how).
kancilpintar
Posted 24/08/2013 - 12:57 Link
JohnX wrote:
I'd start with a reset to factory settings just in case you've inadvertently disabled the display somehow (although I can't think how).

I can't even see anything on the screen, so I don't really think I can reset the camera to factory settings. Thanks for the suggestion anyway
Kr - DA 35mm
darkskies
Posted 24/08/2013 - 13:04 Link
What happens when you press the INFO key?
This space deliberately left blank.
kancilpintar
Posted 24/08/2013 - 14:44 Link
darkskies wrote:
What happens when you press the INFO key?

Press it 2 times and it will turn completely black (much like when it is switched off).
Kr - DA 35mm
darkskies
Posted 24/08/2013 - 16:40 Link
But what happens when you press it once? Can you see stuff on the screen?
This space deliberately left blank.
kancilpintar
Posted 24/08/2013 - 17:12 Link
Nope, nothing appears on the screen.

Well, it seems that no one in the forum have an idea how to deal with this. Thought that this is only a minor problem but it seems the other way around. No other choice now but I have to send it to the service centre for repair. Thanks anyway to those who tried to help, it was much appreciated
Kr - DA 35mm
gartmore
Posted 24/08/2013 - 17:18 Link
Have you tried taking the battery out for a while, maybe overnight?
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
WalterH
What happens if you use live view? If still blank it would indicate there is a problem with the screen itself, especially if the camera takes shots no problem.
My Flickr Link
Life is full of constant surprises - Jennings from the film Wrath of God.(1972)
My Facebook Albums
geordie01
Try switching to live view and see if it comes on or take out the battery for a while.
kancilpintar
Posted 24/08/2013 - 18:14 Link
gartmore wrote:
Have you tried taking the battery out for a while, maybe overnight?

Hmm, haven't tried this one yet, maybe I could put try this tonight. Thanks for the suggestion

WalterH wrote:
What happens if you use live view? If still blank it would indicate there is a problem with the screen itself, especially if the camera takes shots no problem.

geordie01 wrote:
Try switching to live view and see if it comes on or take out the battery for a while.

When I switch to the live view, I can hear the mirror change sound, so I assume that the live view mode works, just that the screen shows nothing (black/blank). So most probably the problem is with the screen right?
Kr - DA 35mm

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.