K-M Exposure Compansation not working correctly.

SteveA

Link Posted 09/05/2010 - 11:35
Any ideas? - My Exposure Compansation on my K-M has gone on the blink - I normally leave it set at +0.3 ev with the occasional change to +1.0 for aerial shots.
Anyway when I went to change it for some bluebell shots at Yoxall Lodge yesterday, the resulting ev was plus 1.3 to what ever I set (+0.3 = +1.6 etc)- any ideas please. And of course the warranty ran out at the end of April!!!

womble

Link Posted 09/05/2010 - 13:23
Try the old trick of taking the battery out and leaving it for a while. They can often reset things. Otherwise there is a option to reset everything to factory defaults, so try that. Otherwise, I'm stumped.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

womble

Link Posted 09/05/2010 - 13:24
BTW, the warranty is only in addition to your statutory rights. One can reasonably expect a new camera to work for longer than 12 months and so you should still be able to get it repaired at no cost.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

SteveA

Link Posted 10/05/2010 - 00:27
Sorry folks, problem sorted - the exposure bracketing feature was turned on (not sure how) & I didn't notice anything on the LCD, its only when I checked my recent shots of bluebells that I realised 6 different shots had a mixture of three levels of exposure??
I will put the usable ones on Flickr when I have a spare minute, Lol!
Sorry about any confusion caused by my errors.

Oggy

Link Posted 10/05/2010 - 00:58
quote:3496ace15f="womble"]BTW, the warranty is only in addition to your statutory rights. One can reasonably expect a new camera to work for longer than 12 months and so you should still be able to get it repaired at no cost.

K.[/quote]

Any idea where that is laid down in law Kris?
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.