K-50 anyone?

K10D
Posted 16/06/2013 - 00:34 Link
Algernon wrote:
I can't understand Canon having different names in different parts of the world..... What's a Rebel for goodness sake! '
Apparently a camera that sells very well in the worlds largest economy. If Pentax run out of numbers they could end up with a KKK model, but that would not sell too well with some markets.

Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Smeggypants
Posted 16/06/2013 - 06:29 Link
K10D wrote:
Algernon wrote:
I can't understand Canon having different names in different parts of the world..... What's a Rebel for goodness sake! '
Apparently a camera that sells very well in the worlds largest economy. If Pentax run out of numbers they could end up with a KKK model, but that would not sell too well with some markets.

Best regards
Pentax have used different model numbers for the same entity in different regions before.

Back in the 80s my Pentax Film camera was called an SF1 in the USA and SFX in Europe. Why, I don't know. My model was SF1 becuase I bought it from the USA, duty and postage free through an American serviceman friend of mine. I now have an SFX too ( from Ebay for £20 a couple of years ago )
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Algernon
Posted 16/06/2013 - 07:51 Link
It seems an awful lot of work tooling up to produce different names on cameras, boxes manuals etc. just to confuse the consumer

Are the Canon FF cameras called the "Canon Biggie" in Australia
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
johnriley
Posted 16/06/2013 - 08:59 Link
Sometimes name changes are necessary because of local copyright issues?
Best regards, John
Blythman
Posted 16/06/2013 - 09:24 Link
I've only just given up Marathons, but I still eat Opal Fruits
Alan


PPG
Flickr
MattyH
Posted 16/06/2013 - 09:25 Link
Looking forward to the Pentax K9, apparently it comes with a extra long strap,demands to be taken long walks in the country so superb for landscape photographers, but doesn't take to kindly to being cleaned after, plus has to be stored at the bottom of your bed at night.
annieogg
Posted 16/06/2013 - 10:24 Link
MattyH wrote:
Looking forward to the Pentax K9, apparently it comes with a extra long strap,demands to be taken long walks in the country so superb for landscape photographers, but doesn't take to kindly to being cleaned after, plus has to be stored at the bottom of your bed at night.
LOL

I'm guessing theose little plastic bags can be left at home too.
All roads roam to Leeds
linklink

Pentax K-5 18-55mm Tamron 70-300mm
Pentax 35mm
a few filters Manfrotto tripod and monopod Silk tripod and a bumbling approach on how to use them
Smeggypants
Posted 16/06/2013 - 19:09 Link
MattyH wrote:
Looking forward to the Pentax K9, apparently it comes with a extra long strap,demands to be taken long walks in the country so superb for landscape photographers, but doesn't take to kindly to being cleaned after, plus has to be stored at the bottom of your bed at night.
LOL - I already have two and I wake up with them stored at the top of the bed
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 18/06/2013 - 20:58 Link
I find it quite hard to read some of this....
Does nobody understand how a global company works??????
Virtually EVERY industry gives products different names in different countries.
It is the NORMAL thing to do.
What is a great name in one country can be offensive in another.

The K500 in particular is a great step forward. Great spec, I suspect great build and it should get more users on the Pentax train.
That has to be a good thing.

Also, you simply cannot name a product because of how easy a Google search is.......Pentax hardcore porn........Just doesn't work...

Lets be sensible people...Pentax are moving forward...They have the backing of a massive company that has turnover of $25 Billion, and makes profit!

Ricoh I'm sure have plans and i think we are starting to see what they are about. I am excited.....you guys should be too...

BTW, got my GR today...........SPEACHLESS!!!!!!!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo