K-3 date issue

womble

Link Posted 04/02/2016 - 17:48
Rather annoyingly, my K-3 keeps forgetting what the date/time is and I have to reset it. I don't remember my K10 or K20 doing that.

Does anyone else have this problem, or should I be getting someone to look at it?

Thanks, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

geordie01

Link Posted 04/02/2016 - 18:17
The capacitor that stores the power for the memory when the battery is replaced and removed will be knackered.it happened my k30 as it was out of warranty i did not bother and just ignore unless I need the exif to be right then I just input the date time etc and it is fine untill I replace the battery.

AlJones2402

Link Posted 04/02/2016 - 19:12
geordie01 wrote:
The capacitor that stores the power for the memory when the battery is replaced and removed will be knackered.it happened my k30 as it was out of warranty i did not bother and just ignore unless I need the exif to be right then I just input the date time etc and it is fine untill I replace the battery.

Would that be the Flux capacitor?
Maybe Doc and Marti could help you out here. 😉

womble

Link Posted 04/02/2016 - 20:51
Ahhh, OK. Luckily mine is still within the warranty. Thanks folks, K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.