Just switched to Pentax

superdavis
Posted 25/01/2012 - 13:18 Link
Hello all,

I am a former A700 owner who after all of the hassle in the DSLR market chose K5 as the next upgrade camera. And yes .. I did consider D7k, 60d and even D300s or 7D, but only K5 delivered to me things I loved with A700 and added the best of new to that.

And ergonomics ... ahhhh ... that sold my day! I truly believe that at this price range (750Eur body only after Amazon/Pentax cash back) there is none of competition close.

With Tamron 17-50 2.8 in hand and just purchased 35mm AL I have started my quest in Pentax world of photography.

After 1 month of using the K5 we slowly start to understand each other, as every camera/lens has its own character and specific way they deliver the best.

I hope to learn some tips from you all and share some pics and tips from me!

Cheers,
Superdavis
K-5, DA*16-50, DA10-17 Fish Eye, DA35 2.4 and AF-540
pianoman
Posted 25/01/2012 - 13:21 Link
Welcome Superdavis good choice and you should feel right at home here
All the best

David
ChrisR
Posted 25/01/2012 - 15:58 Link
Hi Davis.

Take care.
Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).
chunky
Posted 25/01/2012 - 18:06 Link
Hi Superdavis,
I'm sure you will find lots of interesting things happening on the forum.
Chunky
tomkeet
Posted 25/01/2012 - 19:07 Link
Hi and welcome.
Regards, Tom

K-1ii,K-3iii's.
SMC PENTAX-F 1:2.8 28mm, HD Pentax-D FA* 1:1.4 50mm SDM AW,
SMC PENTAX-D FA MACRO 1:2.8 100mm WR,
SMC PENTAX-DA* 1:4 300mm ED [IF] SDM,
SMC PENTAX-FA* 1:4 600mm IF & ED,
HD PENTAX -DA 1.4x AW AF REAR CONVERTER,

Pentax Photo Gallery
cedricd
Posted 25/01/2012 - 20:36 Link
Welcome, glad you are here.
Enjoy life
AndrewA
Posted 25/01/2012 - 20:41 Link
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
davidstorm
Posted 25/01/2012 - 21:04 Link
Hello Davis, welcome to Pentax and the forum. You've certainly chosen a good camera to start your love affair with Pentax - I hope it lives up to expectations.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
superdavis
Posted 26/01/2012 - 14:21 Link
Thanks for the greeting to all!!!!
Cheers,
Davis
K-5, DA*16-50, DA10-17 Fish Eye, DA35 2.4 and AF-540
jeeess1967
Posted 27/01/2012 - 14:46 Link
Welcome Davis, Have a great time. Age well with Pentax. Regards, Jeeess
K-5, K-7 and K10D, Pentax 18-135 WR,18-55 WR,Pentax 28-105,Sigma 28-300, Sigma 28-80 (Macro) and Pentax 50-200 WR.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo