New to forum and DSLR!

Hippo
Posted 29/01/2012 - 16:18 Link
Good Afternoon All,

I have just bought a K-r camera and feel a bit overwhelmed when I first switched it on! This is the first dslr camera I have owned having taken lots of photos on a fuji s800 and s7000. Although my pentax is just out the box and I have had a few practice shots round the house I can't wait to actually go somewhere photo worthy to try and begin to understand it.

I have so much to learn about all the settings etc and some is going completely over my head but as I plan on having this camera for quite a while I know I have lots of time to understand it. I can't wait to begin taking some good pictures with it and look forward to your many helpful replies to my continuous questions I am sure!

Tracy
AndrewA
Posted 29/01/2012 - 16:21 Link
Welcome to the forum, and to Pentax.
You have made the same switch I did, and have made a great choice with the Kr, enjoy her!
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
Stuey
Posted 29/01/2012 - 17:54 Link
Hello and welcome
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
macca809
Posted 29/01/2012 - 19:30 Link
Welcome and enjoy the Kr.
DarrenHealy
Posted 29/01/2012 - 20:27 Link
Welcome from another in the same situation
Opethian
Posted 29/01/2012 - 22:22 Link
Welcome to the forums! Looking forward to your photos!
ChrisR
Posted 30/01/2012 - 10:41 Link
Hi Tracy.

Take care.
Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).
OldTaffy
Posted 30/01/2012 - 15:56 Link
Welcome Tracy! Like you, I was rather overwhelmed by the number of options in my K-x when I got it a year ago. Very different from my old mechanical Pentax Spotmatic from the 1960s.

I can see, from your remarks, that you will not be panicked but will start at the basic end and learn the special options bit by bit as you feel you need them. I am still finding out (or trying to!) some of the things that my K-x might be able to do.

Great forum this. A friendly and helpful bunch.

Martin
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.
Hippo
Posted 30/01/2012 - 16:59 Link
Thanks all for the kind welcome.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo