It`s time to say goodbye.

Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Thread closed

nass

Link Posted 18/11/2011 - 12:09
PF has good bits and bad bits like any forum. It has a good resevoir of technical information (gooood) but also has a politics section in which nutters from either end of the US political spectrum sling insults at each other (baaaaaad). I am especially fond though of the ability to completely ignore some of the forums. So I don't have to read the political claptrap, phew. Anyhow enough about PF, this place is cool too. I dip in and out of all sorts of forums and this is one of the ones bookmarked on my list. I suspect most people with any sense do exactly the same and pick and choose according to their need.
... just another middle-aged guy with a hobby. I have an extreme macro learning site at extreme-macro.co.uk - Pentax-centric, your feedback and comments would be appreciated!

johnriley

Link Posted 18/11/2011 - 12:12
Just to be clear nass, the link deleted was not to PentaxForums.com, just in case therewas any misunderstanding there.

As for your other point, the linking to an item of special interest is actually allowed by the T&Cs.

Common sense should be our guide.
Best regards, John

Prieni

Link Posted 18/11/2011 - 23:29
johnriley wrote:

Yes, that could bring me back.
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page

barryo70

Link Posted 19/11/2011 - 01:46
jeez! all this fuss. what ever happened to just taking pictures? a good laugh though.
fed up waiting for a FF

Don

Link Posted 19/11/2011 - 03:08
johnriley wrote:
Just to be clear nass, the link deleted was not to PentaxForums.com, just in case therewas any misunderstanding there.

As for your other point, the linking to an item of special interest is actually allowed by the T&Cs.

You're showing your age... that hasn't been common since the 70's
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.

Frogfish

Link Posted 19/11/2011 - 04:10
Prieni wrote:
johnriley wrote:

Seems you haven't actually gone away
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0

sorted78

Link Posted 20/11/2011 - 09:45
fritzthedog wrote:
japers45 wrote:
Quote:
Don't really understand this Dave. I post on FOUR Pentax forums and two none-brand specific forums, some more than others (as some are more active than others) but I check them all regularly for interesting threads or threads where I may be able to offer what I consider to be a valid opinion.

There's nothing wrong with being a member of more than one social club, they are not exclusive. Why not just cherry-pick the threads you like as there will always be some !

+1

+2

+3 - Well said.

I think it's always a shame when an active and long-standing member feels that they have to leave the forum, but I'm not sure that these 'goodbye' threads, expressing a non-specific grievance, serve a constructive purpose or really help anyone, including the OP.

Prieni

Link Posted 20/11/2011 - 10:14
Frogfish wrote:
Prieni wrote:
Quote:

Seems you haven't actually gone away

Yes, I still exist. I'm checking from time to time if there has been some change, in which case I would consider coming back. It's my old neighbourhood and I felt comfortable there. So I stroll through it from time to time see some new buildings and some run down corners. And when I meet someone on the street I might talk to him.
I hope you don't mind.
If you look at my past activities you will see that I have left taking part in the heart of this forum, photography threads.

sorted78 wrote:

I think it's always a shame when an active and long-standing member feels that they have to leave the forum, but I'm not sure that these 'goodbye' threads, expressing a non-specific grievance, serve a constructive purpose or really help anyone, including the OP.

I think it's quite normal to say goodbye when you leave. That's what you do in real life. At least it is what I do.
The hope of the ones saying goodbye is that the community (and especially the moderators) may think about what made this member leave. I know this hope is a little too optimistic as self reflection is not a strong point of many a moderator.
I can only speak for myself, it was not that moderation was, in my opinion, wrongly applied, it was that the moderators wouldn't even consider that their actions might have been conceived as arbitrary. Strong arguments pointing to that were not considered. In this forum you just get to hear that you "don't know the facts", regardless of whether you do.

I much prefer moderation that makes more errors (overall I was quite satisfied with moderation here) but stands up to them. If and when that happens I will be very happy to come back.
And until then I will check back from time to time and when I think I have to say something I will do so.
You can easily choose to ignore that, so no harm done to you.

Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page

johnriley

Link Posted 20/11/2011 - 12:46
This is being locked to prevent it constantly being flamed, the points are now just being repeated.
Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Thread closed