Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Irix lens repair

phb
Posted 19/10/2023 - 14:59 Link
Has anyone had an Irix lens repaired?
The official service centre is in Poland and that is quite expensive and not straight forward now after Brexit.
I would prefer to find a UK repair technician.
The lens is the 15mm f2.4 Blackstone and use it on a K1. - I have also checked it on a K3.
The lens does not stop down to the right aperture causing overexposure.
If I shoot at full aperture then it is fine but at smaller apertures it is over- exposed.
It appears that the diaphram lever is not moving freely it is very slow to move and it does not spring back.
Also the lens mount is now loose.
I bought this lens new from Cameraworld and when I first had it I occasionally had the same overexposure problem but that seemed to resolve itself and the lens has been fine since then until a recent trip.
I contacted Cameraworld but they offered no help whatsoever.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.
Paul
JohnX
Posted 19/10/2023 - 18:18 Link
Is the lens still under warranty? If so, Cameraworld are obliged to help.

If out of warranty, who are the importers? Maybe they could assist?
Edited by JohnX: 19/10/2023 - 18:18
phb
Posted 19/10/2023 - 19:31 Link
The lens is out of warranty unfortunately.
A good question as to who are the importers. A cannot find a reference to one. I am trying the few companies who advertise Irix lenses for sale.
JohnX
Posted 19/10/2023 - 21:23 Link
phb wrote:
The lens is out of warranty unfortunately.
A good question as to who are the importers. A cannot find a reference to one. I am trying the few companies who advertise Irix lenses for sale.

Park cameras for one.
HarisF1
Posted 19/10/2023 - 22:20 Link
If it's out of warranty then I'd try and tighten up the lens mount before doing anything else.

It sounds like there's a bit of friction somewhere in there.
All the gear with no idea
Edited by HarisF1: 19/10/2023 - 22:21
Lubbyman
Posted 19/10/2023 - 23:41 Link
It appears that others have had what seems like similar problems. This (link) might or might not help. Good luck.

Steve
MHOL190246
Posted 20/10/2023 - 15:38 Link
I realise that it is a long shot, but would it be worth contacting London Camera Exchange who do offer a repair service? From the problems that other people have had and solutions that they have come up with, it might be worth a punt!!!

Good Luck

Michael
phb
Posted 19/11/2023 - 16:47 Link
Thank you for your replies.
I am pleased to report success.
I contacted Harrison Cameras as they advertise Irix lenses for sale. They sent it to a repair company they use.
I received it back this week, all fixed.
I can thoroughly recommend Harrison Cameras. They were so friendly , helpful and efficient.

Paul
Lubbyman
Posted 19/11/2023 - 18:14 Link
Thanks, that's good to know. My Irix 150mm is still behaving itself, but it's a comforting thought that there are good people who could fix it if it did develop a problem.

Steve

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.