IMAGES NOT DISPLAYING RIGHT

pink

Link Posted 21/11/2010 - 20:21
I have a dell monitor
But when I view images on screen They are not displayed properly.

People and faces are short and fat

The soft ware that came with the dell didn't load right!!

How do I fix this

James
My Fluidr

"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY

greynolds999

Link Posted 21/11/2010 - 20:23
You need to get an updated graphics driver. What operating system are you running?
My Photobucket

pink

Link Posted 21/11/2010 - 20:27
I am running
Good old XP

But may up grade my video card

will this cure my problem

James
My Fluidr

"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY

RR

Link Posted 21/11/2010 - 20:27
Sounds like you are running an odd resolution. Find out what the native resolution is (ie max setting allowed by monitor) & set your display properties to suit.
My Flickr

grahamwalton

Link Posted 21/11/2010 - 20:40
In the Display section of Control Panel you should be able to adjust the resolution. Normal resolutions are 1280 x 1024 or 1024 x 768. However, if your new Monitor is a widescreen, then you will need to imput the new ratios.
Friendly Regards
Graham

prsjnb

Link Posted 21/11/2010 - 21:06
If your monitor is fairly recent it will offer a choice of connections: VGA, as in the first image, or DVI, as in the second. The majority of graphics cards are similarly equipped. The preferred choice is DVI, as this allows the monitor to communicate its optimal settings to the OS, which will set them accordingly. The same is not true of the VGA connection. If you have both, and are using VGA, you should switch to DVI. If you don't have both, or don't have a DVI cable, you will need to do as Graham suggested. The optimal resolution for your Dell monitor will be given in the manual, be it printed on paper or supplied as a PDF document on the driver CD that will have been supplied with it. Failing that, search the WWW or the Dell support site with the monitor's model number.

If the problem persists you will have to give model numbers for both the monitor and graphics card before any forum member can help you further.

Jon

bretti_kivi

Link Posted 21/11/2010 - 21:20
^^ DVI is the white one, VGA the blue one.

Look on the back of the monitor, it should give you a model number. Throw that at google, it should tell you the resolution. Should be something like 1650x1080 or 1440x900....

Bret
my pics: link
my kit: K3, K5, K-01, DA 18-55, D-FA50 macro, Siggy 30/1.4, 100-300/f4, 70-200/2.8, Samsung 12-24/f4, Tamron 17-50, and lots of other bits.

pink

Link Posted 22/11/2010 - 07:34
I am using the blue plug Vga as the Graphic card only runs with that one
I am going to change the card ( I think this is needed ?)

James
My Fluidr

Last Edited by pink on 22/11/2010 - 07:34

Blythman

Link Posted 22/11/2010 - 08:20
A more straightforward initial step would be to right click the mouse when you have the desktop displayed. Then from the drop down list select options. Select the properties tab, and then adjust the screen resolution.

Graham has suggested some common resolutions above. Try them, and others. No harm done. The computer will try them for 15 secs, and thenrevert back to previous, if you don't actively accept the new one
Alan

PPG
Flickr

pink

Link Posted 23/11/2010 - 10:45
sorted just pressed reset default and all is ok.

must say text and email look funny being that small or is it my age
I will have to get my eyes tested now LOL

James and his blonde moment
My Fluidr

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.