I am not a number
Posted 26/08/2011 - 20:35
Link
The News of the World scandal shows how lax people are with security...
Here in SA we often have banks phone up, asking us to prove identity by quoting Identity nos, phone nos etc. They get very shirty with me when I ask them to prove to me who they are. After all, they phoned me...
Here in SA we often have banks phone up, asking us to prove identity by quoting Identity nos, phone nos etc. They get very shirty with me when I ask them to prove to me who they are. After all, they phoned me...
Posted 26/08/2011 - 20:39
Link
timd wrote:
The News of the World scandal shows how lax people are with security...
Here in SA we often have banks phone up, asking us to prove identity by quoting Identity nos, phone nos etc. They get very shirty with me when I ask them to prove to me who they are. After all, they phoned me...
I like it
The News of the World scandal shows how lax people are with security...
Here in SA we often have banks phone up, asking us to prove identity by quoting Identity nos, phone nos etc. They get very shirty with me when I ask them to prove to me who they are. After all, they phoned me...
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 26/08/2011 - 20:50
Link
On the subject of passwords the best joke at The Fringe this year was:
I needed a password eight characters long - so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(c) Nick Helm
I needed a password eight characters long - so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(c) Nick Helm
Posted 26/08/2011 - 20:58
Link
My password is "letmein"
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 26/08/2011 - 21:00
Link
Algernon wrote:
My password is "letmein"
is that German
My password is "letmein"
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 26/08/2011 - 21:21
Link
No English "let me in"
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 26/08/2011 - 22:26
Link
Quote:
Here in SA we often have banks phone up, asking us to prove identity by quoting Identity nos, phone nos etc. They get very shirty with me when I ask them to prove to me who they are. After all, they phoned me...
It happens here in the UK, but not actually by the banks.Here in SA we often have banks phone up, asking us to prove identity by quoting Identity nos, phone nos etc. They get very shirty with me when I ask them to prove to me who they are. After all, they phoned me...
I recently had one purporting to be from (curiously my) credit card company offering me free deals on various items.
He started asking me for my passwords etc and got quite sniffy when I said I needed him to provide me with those same passwords. He was not apparenty allowed to give them out so decided to end the call.
I rang the credit card helpline and made a complaint - they appently were aware of the calls )by them of all people
Bernard
Posted 17/09/2011 - 20:06
Link
so, what is the number for:
Posted 17/09/2011 - 20:21
Link
The number had to be added so that JP Service Solutions could identify who was entitled to the 20% discount on Pentax repairs. This was done quite quickly so that someone could send their camera back for repair.
Most clubs have membership numbers that are used for one thing or another.
Most clubs have membership numbers that are used for one thing or another.
Best regards, John
Posted 17/09/2011 - 20:28
Link
Thanks John
Its useful to know these things..
Its useful to know these things..
Posted 18/09/2011 - 00:48
Link
Yup, especially as I have just sent my camera in for repair...
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3642 posts
17 years
Falkirk
"Hi I'm from IT and I need your username and password". It usually averages a 20-50% success (or failure, depending how you look at it) rate.