How to post images new!

johnriley
Posted 16/12/2012 - 19:47 Link
AuraTodd wrote:
How do I do it from Photobucket please?
See the third thread down in the Your Photos section.
Best regards, John
CliveK
Posted 13/01/2013 - 23:16 Link
Hi
I would like to start uploading pictures to the gallery and competitions, can you tell me what size they have to be for doing this please. Also I notice that when I re size my pictures the Exif disappears is there a way round this at all or do I have to type that in manually in the comments box.

Many thanks

Clive
Pentax Kr - Pentax 18-55mm, - Pentax 28-80mm, - Sigma 70-300mm,
Sigma 150-500mm.
johnriley
Posted 13/01/2013 - 23:31 Link
1000 pixels wide on the longest side, sRGB, 72ppi, up to 400K file size for the Gallery and Competitions. 800 pixels is optimum for the forum.

EXIF will be stripped out if the size is too big, so keeping it trim is a great idea.
Best regards, John
Posted 15/06/2014 - 12:11 Link
I don't think I've ever posted an image on the forum so here we go a testing. Thanks for the advice and the excuse.
Eddy on the beach
Comment Image

Regards David
Posted 15/06/2014 - 12:13 Link
Comment Image
Hi Eddy at the Beach was 2.9mb and uploaded within a couple of minutes so its pretty quick. Here's another of Eddy and Dad which at 0.9mb took only a couple of seconds.
Edited by davidrobinson: 15/06/2014 - 12:17
montyaus
Posted 07/07/2014 - 20:12 Link
Thought it was about time I tried

Comment Image


Jack.
K5iis,K7,KM, MG, Super A, MZ50.
24f2.8; 28f2.8;31 limited; 35f2; 55f1.8; 135f2.8; 400f5.6:
Some zooms
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/jack" target="_blank">http://c759846.r46.cf2.rackcdn.com/img/black_link.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
mudge
Posted 14/07/2014 - 15:19 Link
Comment Image

Just joining the fun!
Edited by mudge: 14/07/2014 - 15:20
Hullman
Posted 02/07/2016 - 18:04 Link
Comment Image


Just testing !
FF: Pentax K-1, D-FA* 70-200, D-FA 24-70, D-FA 100, D-FA 28-105, FA 77, FA 43
APSC: K3, K5, DA*50-135, DA*300, Sigma 17-50, Sigma 10-20, 18-55mm, DA 55-300mm, DA35, 1.4TC
4/3: Q10, Q, 01, 02, 06
Fuji XT1, XF18-55, XF27
Edited by Hullman: 02/07/2016 - 18:04
JAK
Posted 02/07/2016 - 19:58 Link
Hullman wrote:
Comment Image


Just testing !
Errr, it failed!
John K
Roshni
Posted 27/01/2018 - 06:34 Link
Is there any size specifications to take into consideration while posting?
johnriley
Posted 27/01/2018 - 10:44 Link
Please see info further up the thread, but these days I tend to use 1500 pixels wide for the Gallery and still use 1000 pixels wide for the forums.
Best regards, John
Aero
Posted 28/01/2018 - 01:22 Link
Comment Image


Thought I'd give the new system a try with a photo stored on my Android tablet. It must have taken half an hour to find the bloody thing in the labyrinthine file structure. (Note to self: stick to my steam-powered PC in future.) Anyhow, it seems to have worked, so full marks for the new set-up.
JAK
Posted 28/01/2018 - 01:33 Link
2012 isn't exactly new. This was a thread resurrected by means of spam!
John K
Aero
Posted 28/01/2018 - 02:14 Link
Time certainly flies!
i-Berg
Posted 28/01/2018 - 03:30 Link
Aero wrote:
Time certainly flies!
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

(with apologies to G.Marx)...

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo