How do you clean a camera ?
Posted 04/05/2011 - 07:47
Link
Funnily, I was foerever cleaning sticky stuff of my DS and have never had to touch the K20D!
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 04/05/2011 - 08:30
Link
If I stop my Sigma macro down to f/32 muck on the lens does show in the final image.
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 04/05/2011 - 10:22
Link
womble wrote:
If I stop my Sigma macro down to f/32 muck on the lens does show in the final image.
K.
But you wouldn't see it in the viewfinder because you are viewing wide open!
If I stop my Sigma macro down to f/32 muck on the lens does show in the final image.
K.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 04/05/2011 - 12:50
Link
gartmore wrote:
Very true and even more annoying because you don't know you have a problem until you get home... ~sigh~womble wrote:
If I stop my Sigma macro down to f/32 muck on the lens does show in the final image.
K.
But you wouldn't see it in the viewfinder because you are viewing wide open!If I stop my Sigma macro down to f/32 muck on the lens does show in the final image.
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 04/05/2011 - 17:05
Link
What happens if you change the lens? That ought to solve where the gunge is! Try the 50/1.7 from your ME Super as those are very simple to check for contamination (just hold it up to the light or shine a torch through it, there are fewer places for muck to hide in these little primes than in the modern zooms).
If the marks are still there in images then your sensor needs cleaning. I've only ever had to give mine a couple of blasts with a rocket blower in the two years I've had the camera, the self-cleaning function seems to handle the rest pretty well. I never change lenses in dusty areas and always keep the camera pointing downwards while changing, which probably helps.
If the marks are still there in images then your sensor needs cleaning. I've only ever had to give mine a couple of blasts with a rocket blower in the two years I've had the camera, the self-cleaning function seems to handle the rest pretty well. I never change lenses in dusty areas and always keep the camera pointing downwards while changing, which probably helps.
Matt
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Posted 07/05/2011 - 16:07
Link
See here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqmJxyUk_80&feature=related
HOPE THIS HELPS YOU
HOPE THIS HELPS YOU
PPG link
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


10412 posts
18 years
Dordrecht,
the Netherlands
definite blob or mark.
http://mansurovs.com/files/2010/07/Grease-on-front-of-the-lens.jpg
http://mansurovs.com/files/2010/07/Dust-on-the-rear-lens-element.jpg
I only see them when i check my camera for dirt, i overexpose my photo then and use the highest f-number that the lens has, that shows the dirt on the sensor quite nicely.
K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ