How do you, do yours

derek897

Link Posted 15/02/2015 - 13:54
Its seems that we all have a slightly (or very) different approach to editing our photos.
Just wondering if anyone would be interested in uploading or linking a larger file size unedited shot and letting others edit it as they would if it was one of theirs to see how much of a difference there would be in the finished product.
Any thoughts ???

Derek
I know what i like, If not always why.

richandfleur

Link Posted 15/02/2015 - 14:24
I like to think that one has an end vision in mind when they shoot the initial shot, but I do realise it's also a fairly blank canvas also. If someone uploads something then I'll probably give it a shot

Helpful

richandfleur

Link Posted 16/02/2015 - 09:03
Go on derek897, put one up somewhere and we'll have a go

derek897

Link Posted 17/02/2015 - 21:50
Sorry for the delay, here is a link to an unedited full size image.
link

johnriley

Link Posted 17/02/2015 - 21:54
I've downloaded it and I'll have a go shortly.
Best regards, John

Helpful

johnriley

Link Posted 17/02/2015 - 22:01

Warmed up, straightened, slightly cropped, contrast and brightness adjusted with levels and given a fair degree of sharpening. All done in Photoshop CS5.
Best regards, John

Helpful

SteveLedger

Link Posted 17/02/2015 - 22:04
Post a link to the RAW. There's not much that can be done with a pre-cooked JPEG.

derek897

Link Posted 17/02/2015 - 22:12
Flickr not letting me upload raw files, is this normal ?

johnriley

Link Posted 17/02/2015 - 22:13
Why not have a go anyway Steve, by the time it's posted on the forum it won't really make any difference. Unless of course you have something extremely complex in mind!
Best regards, John

Helpful

SteveLedger

Link Posted 17/02/2015 - 22:17
derek897 wrote:
Flickr not letting me upload raw files, is this normal ?

You can use a file sharing service or DropBox is you have an account.

John, I don't understand your logic. What has the time frame to do with anything?
As photographers and Pentax DLSR users, we owe it to ourselves to leverage the best out of our captures by always shooting then developing the RAW.

Helpful

dynamosh

Link Posted 17/02/2015 - 22:21

cabstar

Link Posted 17/02/2015 - 22:28
Edited on the iPad using photoshop mix.

Increase exposure
Straighten verticals
Crop
Apply filter

PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

Helpful

johnriley

Link Posted 17/02/2015 - 22:29
Quote:
John, I don't understand your logic. What has the time frame to do with anything?
As photographers and Pentax DLSR users, we owe it to ourselves to leverage the best out of our captures by always shooting then developing the RAW.

I wasn't talking about a time frame. I was just saying that once the image has been resized for the forum for us to see what's been done, it won't make any difference whether or not the original capture was RAW or JPEG. That's another debate of course on the larger scale of things, not for this thread, but all we can hope to see here is what people choose to do to the image.
Best regards, John

Helpful

richandfleur

Link Posted 17/02/2015 - 22:29
Still image from a movie...

Helpful

derek897

Link Posted 17/02/2015 - 22:37
Hi Steve i did shoot raw, but don't have drop box. will look into opening an account.

Iv just done 2 versions, one colour and one b/w

exp, levels and contrast adjustment, i tend to save as i go and use history brush to undo certain parts and cropped.

Pretty much same as above but with an extra contrast and brightness adjustment
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.